Important: I am having my military service till 31th December 1999,
so I might not be as active as before. You can find me from IRC
occasionally as Piru (on channels #amiga, #AmigaFIN, #amycoders and
so on) though. CU on next millenium. ;)
WhichAmiga is yet another ShowConfig like tool, except it's highly
sophisticated and is capable of determining which Amiga model you're
This is a public source code release. See WhichAmiga.guide/history.
WhichAmiga main features include:
- Recognizes following Amiga models: Amiga 1000, old Amiga 500, Amiga 500,
Amiga 500+, Amiga 600, Amiga 1200, Amiga 1400, Amiga 2000, Amiga 2500,
Amiga 3000, Amiga 3000UX, Amiga 3000 Tower, Amiga 4000, Amiga 4000 Tower,
CD³², CDTV and MacroSystems' DraCo (Amiga-clone). They aren't all tested,
· Amiga 1500(+) isn't really separate Amiga model, it's Amiga 2000 with two
floppy drives. Amiga 1500(+)'s were sold in GB.
- Recognizes UAE emulated Amiga.
- Recognizes following 68k CPU models: 68000, 68010, 68EC020, 68020,
68EC030, 68030, 68EC040, 68LC040, 68040, 68EC060, 68LC060 and 68060.
- Calculates clock frequency for 68k CPU. Should now always work on
040 and 060 (1.3.x).
- Recognizes following PowerPC CPU models: 602, 603, 604, 603e, 603p and
604e. Also shows PowerPC processor clock speed, revision and bus clock
- Recognizes following FPU models: 68881, 68882, 68040 internal and 68060
- Recognizes following MMU models: 68851, 68030 internal, 68040 internal
and 68060 internal.
- Recognizes following custom chips (both PAL and NTSC): OCS Agnus,
Fat Agnus, Fatter Agnus (1MB), Super Agnus (2MB), AGA Alice (rev
0-2/3-4), OCS Denise, ECS Denise, AGA Lisa, AAA Lisa, Paula 8364,
Akiko, Ramsey, Gary and Gayle. Chips' revision information is
displayed if available.
- Correctly recognizes old Denise 8362 (that has no valid DeniseID/LisaID
register) and Agnus 8361/8367 (buggy blitter wait) chips.
- Recognizes following graphics boards: 1600-GX, A2410, Altais Card,
Blackbox, CyberVision 64, CyberVision 64/3D, CyberVision PPC, Domino,
EGS Spectrum, Firecracker 24, GDA-1, Horizon, Impact Vision 24, Merlin,
Picasso II, Picasso IV, Piccolo, PiccoloSD-64, Rainbow III, Rembrandt,
Resolver, Retina Z2, Retina Z3, Visiona, Vivid-24 and Voyager.
- Recognizes following sound cards: Delfina DSP, Delfina LITE, Maestro,
MaestroPro, Prelude, Toccata, ToccataPro and Wavetools.
- WhichAmiga works with programs that use MMU: Enforcer, CPU FASTROM, VMM and
GigaMem are tested ones. WhichAmiga executable can be loaded into VMEM.
- WhichAmiga peeks original ROM chip version, even if ROM is rekicked with
MMU. Following kickstart ROM versions are recognised: 1.0, 1.1 NTSC, 1.1
PAL, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 beta, 2.0 beta, 2.04, 2.05, 3.0, 3.1 and 3.2.
- If boards.library is found WhichAmiga lists all expansion boards on system.
- Tested with:
Amiga 4000 50M/5.0G, 68060 50MHz
Amiga 4000 30M, 68060 50MHz
Amiga 4000 30M, 68040 40MHz
Amiga 4000/030 14M, 68EC030 25MHz
Amiga 3000 18M, 68030 25MHz
Amiga 1200 66MB/12GB, 68060 50MHz / 603e240MHz
Amiga 1200 18 MB, 68060 50MHz
Amiga 1200 10/850 MB, 68060 50MHz
Amiga 500 ECS 2.05, 68000 7MHz
not recently with:
Amiga 500 ECS 2.05, 68000 7MHz
Amiga 500 OCS 1.3, 68010 7MHz
Amiga 1200 4/160 MB, 68020 14MHz
- WhichAmiga is FreeWare! Copyright © 1995-1999 PitPlane Productions.