BeeBase is a relational, programmable database system
with graphical user interface for Windows, Mac, Linux and Amiga.
BeeBase is open source software distributed under the terms of the
GNU General Public License (GPL).
If you like BeeBase and would like to support it then you are welcome to
make a donation. Please visit https://sourceforge.net/projects/beebase
for more information.
BeeBase is well suited for managing structured data with clear semantics
that can be organized into tables and fields. It can be regarded as an
application development environment where an application designer creates
the database structure and user interface, and users of the application
enter and process data on a regular basis.
There are numerous applications for BeeBase including managing addresses,
music and movies, photo collections, your family tree, or your income and
expense. Some users run their entire business using BeeBase from project
planning to creating offers, article and part management, creating bills
and invoices, and tracking their finances.
The strength of BeeBase lies in its graphical user interface and its
programming capabilities. It allows you to process data in various ways,
e.g. automatic calculations upon user input, generation of reports,
import and export of data, etc. For example BeeBase can be used for
calculating the total amount of income, or the total amount of recorded
time on a CD, or to automatically create and print serial letters to
BeeBase offers the following features:
* Graphical user interface for defining the database schema and the graphical
layout for entering and browsing data.
* Admin and user modes.
* Shared access to a project from multiple instances of BeeBase running on
the same or different computers.
* Fields can be of type string, memo (multi line text), integer, real,
date, time, Boolean, choice (one item out of many items), reference
(easy way to reference a record of another table), button (for
starting BeeBase programs), and virtual (compute value on the fly).
* The string type can also manage lists of strings, files, and fonts.
A string can refer to an external image which is displayed in the
graphical user interface.
* Programmability. With the easy and powerful BeeBase programming
language complex tasks can be implemented. The language also
includes a SELECT-FROM-WHERE query for easy and fast data retrieval.
* Ordering of records by any combinations of fields.
* Query editor which allows entering and managing of SELECT-FROM-WHERE
queries. The queries can be saved and the results can be printed.
* Optional logging of changes (adding, deleting and changing of records)
into a system log table.
* SQLite3 file format, and import and export facility.
* Full documentation including user and programming manual in HTML
* Operating system independence. BeeBase is available for Windows, Mac,
Linux and Amiga. The source code of BeeBase is also available as part
of a Source Forge project.
New features since MUIbase V4.5
o BeeBase V1.0 is mostly identical to MUIbase V4.5. It's just a new name for
the same software.
o Added Italian translation by Samir Hawamdeh.
o Fixed installation script for Amiga OS 4.
Steffen Gutmann, 07.08.2022