|83938 packages online|
|No screenshot available||
Twitter client with many features:
* Multiple user accounts
* Account data stored without password
* Preview of linked images
* Update of status (send new tweets)
* Load list of mentions
* Show user information and related tweets
* Search function (user and tweets)
* Follow / Unfollow
* Avatars by datatype
* MUI interface
* OAuth support
* URLs opened in browser (via OpenURL.library or via native URL:)
twittAmiga uses libcurl, libssl/AmiSSL and others (see license folder for
copyright information), therefore the executable is quite large. You should
have at least 6 MB RAM.
The GUI should be self-explanatory for twitter users. However, here a short
description of the buttons in the toolbar:
* Pred: Loads the previous page of the timeline.
* Next: Loads the next page of the timeline.
* Reload: Reloads the current page.
* Home: Goes to the first page of the home timeline.
* Send: Sends a new tweet (enter text into text editor above).
* Tweet: Searches for tweets with the string entered in the text editor above.
* User: Searches for user containing the string entered in the text editor
* Mentions: Shows tweets mentioning you.
You can retweet by clicking the double arrow icon on the left side of the tweet.
By clicking the question mark icon of a user you can see detailed informations
about him/her. You can also follow/unfollow him/her by clicking the
icon above the tweet.
User accounts are now stored by just saving the twitter key. It is
therefore no more required to save the password anywhere and it is asked only
once to retrieve the key by twitter. This can be done for multiple users. You
can switch between multiple accounts by clicking the corresponding menu item.
A new window will be opened with a list of saved user accounts. Click on the
desired name and close the window. The user is then switched. To delete a user
you can edit the file keys.dat that is stored in the same directory as
twittAmiga. Just delete the line with the user to be removed. Deleting this
file will remove all users.
The configuration is done via tooltypes of the twittamiga.info. These are:
* ACCOUNT: Your E-Mail address that you use for login. Can be empty.
If you have multiple accounts this is the default account
* TWEETS_PER_PAGE: The number of tweets that are shown on one page.
* THEME: The name of the theme for the timeline. This is the name of a
directory within the twittAmiga directory. To use the default
background type default.
* CACHE: Path to a dir to store caching files. An / or : must be appended.
Downloaded images are also stored here.
* VIEWER: Name of executable (including path and options) to view images
Question: It can't login or login fails, what can I do?
Solution: (1) You can use your email address for login or the twitter username
which is usually displayed with a leading . If you use your
username do not enter the . If you are not asked for name and
password try to delete keys.dat which is located in the folder
where you have stored twittAmiga.
(2) Twitter locks from time to time accounts if they think it could
be a bot. This may also happen to accounts used with twittAmiga.
Twitter then shows in a webbrowser a captcha and asks to enter
a number received by SMS. Up to now twittAmiga cannot show this
page and only shows an error. Try to login via webbrowser,
then the login with twittAmiga should also be possible again.
Question: It does not start and does not show anything. What is happening?
Solution: Maybe there are missing libraries. Check the list above carefully.
Sometimes also the MUI classes have dependencies that are not met.
To check this, go to the settings page of this class and see if
it works correctly.
Question: twittAmiga crashes when I push any button, is there a bug?
Solution: twittAmiga uses floating point integers for calculating the
progress bar. Maybe you need a fpu library. I suggest:
util/sys/Mu680x0Libs.lha from Aminet. If this does not solve
the problem please continue to the next question.
Question: I have problem XYZ. How can I solve it?
Solution: Try to start twittAmiga from a shell by typing:
You will see a long log of everything what is happening. Maybe
there are error messages that can help you.
Question: Where can I get news and help?
Solution: Follow me on twitter: twittAmiga or search the web for forum
Question: The icons look crappy, what can I do?
Solution: Try another PNG datatype. All icons (except toolbar) and
user images are displayed using datatypes.
Question: My window does not fit onto screen, what can I do?
Solution: You can configure the MUI for this window. Select "TheBar"
and choose to view images only.
Please note that I allow distribution in software bundles, on media or on
download sites. However, I personally only upload to Aminet and thus other
sources may contain old versions. Make sure to check Aminet for the newest
Due to changes in Twitter API a test of the connection is not possible
anymore. The check is removed and Amiga OS 3, 4 and MorphOS versions
are now at 4.4.2.
- Minimum requirement of MUI corrected
This update is for AmigaOS 3 only as it only updates (besides some minor
fixes) the used libs. Amiga OS 4 and MorphOS versions are still 4.3.
- Replaces libcurl with 7.74 (OS 3)
- Now uses AmiSSL 4.6 (OS 3)
- Minor fixes in usage of string buffers.
Many thanks to the donator who made the intensive work on the AmigaOS 4.1 FE
- On OS 4.1 the native command OpenURL is used to open web browser
instead of the separately installed library.
- OS 4.1 uses different charset, while OS 3.x always uses something similar
to ISO-8859-1. On OS 4.1 thus the current charset is selected.
- Retweets are now marked as <User> retweeted <User>
- Click on image preview loads image in full resolution and views it
using the configured viewer. Image can be found in CACHE folder.
- Viewing all images provided in a single tweet.
- Showing who is retweeting and who is retweeted
- Tweets with many returns exceeded text gadget height,
now height increased for every return in tweet
- HTML entities now converted to unicode
- You cannot add yourself to followers
- OS 4.1: Disabling a TheBar button seems to crash if mouse is over bar, now
using sleep flag.
- Twitter API change, passwords must now be URL escaped before encryption
- Possible crash on exit fixed
- URL encoding of searches was wrong. Entered text with special
characters like # or % led to errors after pressing "Search" or "Send"
Bugfix release with following changes:
- Fix in error handling, missing MUI classes error message
- Loading of thumbnails instead of small size as the latter
increased (change in Twitter API) and is maybe still small
for a mobile phone but not for a classic Amiga.
- Additionally layout changed to view it.
- Another Twitter API change to more characters per tweet
but must be loaded differently.
- Map removed as Google changed API completely and now requires
an API key. Too much work for this small feature.
- Window width can be changed again.
- Amiga OS 3 version is back (without ixemul)
- Linked against OpenSSL 1.0.0a and libcurl 7.46.0
- Fix in GUI viewing tweets and small OS 3 specific code changes
- Deactivated SSL certificate check as sometimes this check fails
when sending a tweet.
- Fixed version string.
- Pointing to MorphOS preferences instead of OpenURL settings.
- Fix in button press handling if no timeline was loaded before.
- Twitter now requires cookie for retrieving PIN. Cookie will be only
used for this and never saved anywhere.
- Dialog for asking username and/or password if ACCOUNT and/or PASSWORD
is empty in the tooltypes. Dialog only displayed once for retrieving
PIN and is usually not needed afterwards.
- Password cannot be stored anymore.
- ACCOUNT tooltype selects the default user that is loaded on startup.
Additionally, it is now optional. If it is not set, the first user in
list is used.
- Dialog for switching user accounts.
- Currently no update for OS 3.x as libcurl is too old for this OS.
- Native AmigaOS 4 version
- Fix in translating time to current time zone
- Removed HTMLView (due to too many bugs)
- Added native view for tweets
- Fix in "View Map" menu
- URLs now opened via openurl.library
- Added map view
- Added search on map
- Added caching for maps and city search
- Added menu strip
- Fixed many memory issues related to MUI
- Fixed progress bar
- Bug fix: Sent tweets are now converted to correct character encoding
- Bug fix: Multiple links in one tweet now handled correctly
- Bug fix: Links are now correct even if tweet contains unicode characters
- Bug fix: last references to xml2.library removed
- Bug fix: Retweet working again.
- Partially rewritten for new twitter API 1.1
- Uses now JSON instead of XML
- HTTPS instead of HTTP
- Native MorphOS version
- Bugfix in search function
- Error messages fixed
- Icons now better for plain AOS 3
- Search for user added
- User timeline
- Bugfixes in time handling
- Changed from libxml2 to xml2.library, no more ixemul!
- Less RAM needed
- Debug output optional
Contents of comm/misc/twittAmiga.lha
PERMISSION UID GID PACKED SIZE RATIO METHOD CRC STAMP NAME
---------- ----------- ------- ------- ------ ---------- ------------ ----------
[unknown] 1068 1068 100.0% -lh0- bccc Nov 29 19:33 icons/AddUser.png
[unknown] 672 672 100.0% -lh0- 5fc2 Nov 29 19:33 icons/Home.png
[unknown] 1102 1106 99.6% -lh5- cca0 Nov 29 19:33 icons/InfoUser.png
[unknown] 703 703 100.0% -lh0- 7a7d Nov 29 19:33 icons/Mentions.png
[unknown] 392 392 100.0% -lh0- e492 Nov 29 19:33 icons/Next.png
[unknown] 391 391 100.0% -lh0- f1e8 Nov 29 19:33 icons/Previous.png
[unknown] 624 624 100.0% -lh0- f801 Nov 29 19:33 icons/Reload.png
[unknown] 1096 1097 99.9% -lh5- 1856 Nov 29 19:33 icons/RemoveUser.png
[unknown] 754 754 100.0% -lh0- dfcc Nov 29 19:33 icons/retweet.mi1
[unknown] 582 582 100.0% -lh0- 6af2 Nov 29 19:33 icons/retweet.png
[unknown] 539 539 100.0% -lh0- 484b Nov 29 19:33 icons/Search.png
[unknown] 1078 1078 100.0% -lh0- cebf Nov 29 19:33 icons/SearchUser.png
[unknown] 729 729 100.0% -lh0- 1ae5 Nov 29 19:33 icons/Send.png
[unknown] 639 1048 61.0% -lh5- 184f Nov 29 19:33 licenses/curl.txt
[unknown] 2100 6277 33.5% -lh5- d416 Nov 29 19:33 licenses/openssl.txt
[unknown] 556 1050 53.0% -lh5- 68cc Nov 29 19:33 licenses/zlib.txt
[unknown] 1420180 2779264 51.1% -lh5- 9930 Nov 29 19:33 twittAmiga-AmigaOS
[unknown] 2573 3313 77.7% -lh5- 5963 Nov 29 21:39 twittAmiga-AmigaOS.info
[unknown] 1703456 4064584 41.9% -lh5- a00e Nov 29 17:57 twittAmiga-AmigaOS4
[unknown] 2573 3313 77.7% -lh5- 5963 Nov 29 21:39 twittAmiga-AmigaOS4.info
[unknown] 2252511 5507152 40.9% -lh5- 376e Nov 29 14:39 twittAmiga-MorphOS
[unknown] 2573 3313 77.7% -lh5- 5963 Nov 29 21:39 twittAmiga-MorphOS.info
[unknown] 4411 10344 42.6% -lh5- a2f7 Nov 29 21:40 twittAmiga.readme
[unknown] 1424 2542 56.0% -lh5- 853e Nov 29 19:33 twittAmiga.readme.info
---------- ----------- ------- ------- ------ ---------- ------------ ----------
Total 24 files 5402726 12391935 43.6% Nov 30 00:32
|Aminet © 1992-2022 Urban
the Aminet team.
Aminet contact address: <aminetaminet net>|