I wrote EasyACDDA (a gui developped using Gui4Cli) for my personal use and
then I have sent it to my friends. Now I have decided to give to the Amiga
community this little work of mine. I sincerely hope you will find EasyACDDA
very useful. EasyACDDA means EasyAmigaCDDA !
>>>>> EasyACDDA is dedicated to my mother ! <<<<<
· Any Amiga with at the least OS 3.0
· CDDA and Led in C:
· BreakName in C:
· Nice in C:
· Gui and Gui4Cli in C:
· The latest OpenURL installed and configured (optional)
· CDRom (atapi 100% is better)
· 40 tracks theoretically available
· plays any track
· saves any track
· 4 files format available
· configurable using tooltypes
· very easy to use
· gadtool resources
· pull-down menus allow to manage EasyACDDA
· background image for the gui
· no limit for background image (0-24 bit)
· configuration panel for CDRom
· test panel for CDRom
· internal help support for panels
· interaction with emailer (see "About")
· interactive table of contents (see "Infos")
· appicon allows to play any track without gui
· may be iconified using the close gadget
· while iconified may continue to play the CD
· each line which composes the table of contents may be played
· each window is able to access to the main menu
· there is a simple clock
· tooltype "IMAGE"
· tooltype "PLAN"
· tooltype "VOL"
· tooltype "FORMAT"
· tooltype "MODE"
· tooltype "FILE"
· tooltype "DEVICE"
· tooltype "UNIT"
· tooltype "MEMTYPE"
· tooltype "NOMEMTYPE"
NEW IN THIS VERSION:
· reworked the installer in order to install PNG icons too!
Simply you have to run the supplied installer-script (EasyACDDA-Install) or
install all by hand following these simple steps:
1) Extract EasyACDDA.lha
2) Copy all files located in EasyACDDA/C to C:
3) Copy the fonts located in EasyACDDA/Fonts to Fonts:
4) Copy EasyACDDA and EasyACDDA.info where you like
5) Rename one of the available images as EasyACDDA.bkg
6) Copy EasyACDDA.bkg into the same place of EasyACDDA
7) Set your favorite tooltypes for EasyACDDA
8) Double click on the EasyACDDA icon
9) Add the task Gui4Cli to PicDT (PictureDatatypePrefs) *
10) Save the PicDT prefs. Quit and restart EasyACDDA again *
11) Save your favorite configuration on your harddisk
12) Enjoy EasyACDDA !
13) There is nothing else to do !
NOTE: Steps 9-10 are only for users with graphic board (*)
NOTE: EasyACDDA is designed to work only under Workbench. When you launch
EasyACDDA for the first time, you must open the configuration panel by
selecting the menu item "Config". Enter your favorite configuration in
the text boxs and then save it. So you are ready to use EasyACDDA !
>MENUS: (simple access to main features)
· About: Gives some infos about the program and the author. There
two gadgets, "Okay" and "SendEmail". "SendEMail" has a special
feature, it calls your emailer which will create a email ready
that you could simply send me.
· Config: Opens a configuration panel which allows to configure
CDRom. If the tooltype "NOMEMTYPE" is set to "TRUE", then the
text box "MEMTYPE" will be disabled.
· Test: Opens a test panel which allows to test your CDRom in order
find a right value. If the right value is found, then you have
to change the tooltype "PLAN" entering the right value.
· Infos: Opens a window which contains a sort of "Table of Content"
the current CDDA. Click on one of the lines shown and so your
favorite track will be automatically played !
· Quit: Quit EasyACDDA.
>MAIN GUI: (the wonderful gui "EasyACDDA")
The main window (EasyACDDA) is organized in two parts:
Play a CD track:
· 1-40: these buttons allow to play each single track, you can
other tracks also if the previous track has not reached the
end. So the previous track will be stopped and the new track
will be played.
· Vol.-|+: this slider allows to set the volume (0-100[%]). You have
set the volume before playing/saving any track.
· Play: this button allows to play consecutively all tracks found
· Stop: this button affects the functions Play and Save stopping
Save a CD track:
· Track: this text box allows to enter your favorite track to save.
gadgets [-][+] allow to do this operation in the easier way.
· Format: this cycle menu allows to select the file format. You are
to save a track as 8SVX, WAV, MAUD and AIFF.
· Mode: this cycle menu allows to select some parameters. These
MUTE (no sound), MONO and 16BIT. When you save a track as WAV,
the only available parameter is MUTE also if the cycle menu is
set to another parameter. If you save a track as MAUD or AIFF,
the only available parameters are 16BIT and MUTE.
· File: this text box allows to enter the path and file name for
track to save.
>CONFIG GUI: (see the menu item "Config")
· Device: this text box allows to enter your CD device.
· Unit: this text box allows to enter your CD unit.
· MemType: this text box allows to enter the value for the memory
You can enter "2" (Chip Mem), "512" (Zorro Mem) or other value
if you are expert. If you don't want this feature then you
have to set the tooltype "NOMEMTYPE" to "TRUE" so the text box
"MEMTYPE" will appear disabled.
· Use: this button allows to use temporarily your configuration.
· Save: this button allows to save your configuration on harddisk.
· HELP: this button allows to obtain some infos about the
regarding this gui.
>TEST GUI: (see the menu item "Test")
· CDROM: this cycle menu allows to select one of the parameters
are "a", "b", "c", "d", "e" (default) and "f".
· Test: this button allows to test the CDRom with one of the
parameters. If your CDRom works fine, you have found the right
parameter so you have to modify the tooltype "PLAN" entering
the right parameter.
· Stop: this button allows to stop the test.
· HELP: this button allows to obtain some infos about the
regarding this gui.
>TOOLTYPES: (allow to configure "EasyACDDA")
· IMAGE: this tooltype allows to set your favorite background image.
you have to enter the path and file name.
· PLAN: this tooltype allows to set your CDRom type with the
» "a" = some CDRoms "Sony" and compatible
» "b" = some CDRoms "Toshiba" and compatible
» "c" = some CDRoms "NEC" (old CDRoms)
» "d" = some CDRoms "Grunding" and "Toshiba"
» "e" = all CDRoms 100% Atapi
» "f" = some CDRoms Pre-Atapi
· VOL: this tooltype allows to set your default volume (default
100[%]). So EasyACDDA will start with your value. The minimum
value is "0" and the maximum is "100".
· FORMAT: this tooltype allows to set your default file format for
output file. So EasyACDDA will start with your value. The only
four values allowed are:
» "0" = is for 8SVX
» "1" = is for WAV
» "2" = is for MAUD
» "3" = is for AIFF
· MODE: this tooltype allows to set your default mode. So
will start with your value. The values allowed are:
» "0" = is for 16BIT
» "1" = is for MONO
» "2" = is for MUTE
· FILE: this tooltype allows to set your default output file. You
to enter the path and file name.
· DEVICE: allows to set your default CDRom device.
· UNIT: allows to set your default CDRom unit.
· MEMTYPE: allows to set your default memory type. There are some
» "2" = Chip Mem
» "512" = Zorro Mem
or other values if you are expert.
· NOMEMTYPE: this tooltype allows to disable (or enable) the memory
"NOMEMTYPE" has the maximum priority. The values allowed are:
» "TRUE" = disable "MEMTYPE"
» "FALSE" = enable "MEMTYPE"
If this tooltype is set to "TRUE", EasyACDDA will try to work
detecting which type of memory is available.
· add more and more options... done !
· add more tooltypes... done !
· add a configuration panel for EasyACDDA... done !
· add some nice features... done !
· improve more and more the code... done !
· improve more and more the look... in the future
· if you have some ideas... welcome !!!
· 1.0 - Internal:
» only buttons for playing single tracks, max 40 tracks
· 1.1 - Internal:
» added "Play" which allows to play all tracks
» added "Stop" which allows to stop playing tracks
» added "Vol -|+" which allows to set the volume
· 1.2 - Internal:
» added "Track" which allows to set the track number
» added "-|+" for tracks which allow to increase/decrease the track
» added "Format" - 8SVX, WAV and MAUD are supported
» added "Mode" - 16BIT, MONO and MUTE are supported
· 1.3 - Internal:
» added "File" which allows to set the output file for the track
» added "Save track" which allows to save the track
· 1.4 - Public: (FreeWare)
» reworked the code, now EasyACDDA is much better
» added the AIFF file format
» added a background image into the window (400x200 pixels)
» added the tooltype "IMAGE" which allows to change the background image
» added the menu item "About" which gives you some infos about EasyACDDA
» supplied a install-script that makes your life easy
· 1.5ß (Rev. 1,2 and 3) - Internal:
» reworked the code in order to make EasyACDDA more flexible
» added the configuration panel for CDRom
» added the test panel for CDRom
» added the menu item "Config." for the configuration panel
» added the menu item "Test" for the test panel
» added the menu item "Quit" which allows to quit EasyACCDA
» added the tooltype "PLAN" (default "e")
» added the tooltype "VOL" (default "100[%]")
» added the tooltype "FORMAT" (default "8SVX")
» added the tooltype "MODE" (default "16BIT")
» added the tooltype "FILE" (default "DH1:Example.wav")
» added the tooltype "DEVICE" (default "atapi.device")
» added the tooltype "UNIT" (default "1")
» added the tooltype "MEMTYPE" (default "512")
» added some routines which make EasyACDDA more interactive
» now when you are saving a track the other functions appear disabled
· 1.6 - Public: (GiftWare)
» added the tooltype "NOMEMTYPE" (default "FALSE")
» found another way to address commands (more safe)
» reworked the menu item "About". There are two gads ("Okay|SendEmail")
» the gad "SendEMail" calls your favorite emailer in order to contact
but for this feature you need the latest OpenURL installed/configured
» added some internal help messages for panels
» supplied an alternative background image for AGA sistems (5bit)
» supplied a standard installer-script which allows to install
without problems (instead of the install-script)
» no debug output
» small internal changes
» added a sort of manual to the readme
· 1.7 - Public: (EuroWare)
» previous versions crashed when another task was going to run. Fixed
» optimized the code using some efficient routines
» small minor changes
· 1.8 - Public: (GiftWare)
» added the menu item "Infos" which allows to access to the CD contents
» the "Table of Contents" is interactive, by clicking on one of the
which compose the list a track will be played.
» added an appicon so EasyACDDA is able to work while iconified, too !
» small minor changes
· 1.8.1 - Public:
» each window is able to access to the main menu
» there is a simple clock without the date
» improved the gui (small small changes) regarding the buttons for tracks
» changed the email address for OpenURL and "About" window
» improved the installer-script
» updated the readme
· 1.8.2 - Public:
» some small optimizations
» changed the the default value in the track box (1 instead of 0)
» added my URL in the program and readme
» updated the readme especially the section "LEGAL"
· 1.8.3 - Public:
» added a guide for a easy use of EasyACDDA
· 1.9 - Public:
» reworked the installer in order to install PNG icons too!
When you are saving a track do not open the window "Table of Contents" (See
"Infos") otherwise your system will crash. This problem affects my system
and I don't know if this problem may affect your system (I hope no !).
This problem may be due to the fact that when you are saving a track the CPU
is quite busy.
Alecos -> Fullname: Alessandro Marinuzzi
IMPORTANT: If you want contact me, please use as subject "EasyACDDA" without
double quotes in order to filter your email, thanks.
MY AMIGA CONFIGURATION:
· Amiga Model: A4000/040
· Graphic Board: CyberVision64/3D
· Monitor: Digital 15 inch
· Speakers: 2 - 240 W
· Hard Disk: 8,4 GB
· CD-Witer: 48x16x48
· FloppyDisk: DD 3,5
· Analogic Modem: 56k Flex V.90
· Mouse: Manhattan 400 dpi
· Joystick: Transparent-Coloured (like Apple)
· Printer: CanonBJEC 240
· Fast Mem: 16 MB
· Graphic Mem: 2 + 4 MB
· AmigaOS: 3.9
· ROM: 45.57
· GraphicOS: CyberGraphX4 (43)
· SoundOS: Ahi 5.
EasyACDDA is © 2002-2007 Alessandro Marinuzzi. All rights reserved.
EasyACDDA-Install is © 2002-2007 Alessandro Marinuzzi. All rights reserved.
EasyACDDA is GiftWare ! This means that if you like this software and
use it you have to send me a small amount of money as gift. I'll be happy to
accept any amount of money (big or small).
EasyACDDA uses the following software:
· CDDA 1.64 by Michael Van Elst
· BreakName 37.2 by Kai Iske
· Nice 1.0 by Tak Tang
· Gui4Cli 3.8.5 by Dimitris C. Keletsekis
Thanks to Vincenzo Cuccia (Dashie) for his support.
Thanks to Mauro Zoia (Zzed) for his support.
Thanks to the people who are using this program.
No part of this archive may be redistributed except with the entire contents
of the original archive. You aren't allowed to modify any of the files which
are included in the archive. You aren't allowed to redistribute this archive
together with the obscene or illegal stuff. Finally you are allowed to copy
and redistribute this software free of charge. Expressed permission is given
for Amiga Magazines which want include on Cover CD this archive. The only
thing which is requested is to send me a copy of the magazine with CD.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER
EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, OR OTHERWISE. BY USING THIS SOFTWARE, YOU ACCEPT THE
ENTIRE RISK. ALESSANDRO MARINUZZI SHALL BE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT OR
INDIRECT DAMAGE, INCLUDING DAMAGE FOR ANY DATA OR INFORMATION WHICH MAY BE