This is a small editor for different programming languages. It supports HTML,
C/C++ and hex editing of binary files.
Actions on a text file can be done via ARexx scripts. If you have written an
ARexx script, e.g. for C++ compiling, please send it to me and I will include
this in the TuiTED archive.
It is highly configurable, but I am too lazy to describe all features for now,
as it is quite straigt forwared. just check the tooltypes.
By default, it will behave like EditPad, except it has a sourcecode browser,
which can be turned off.
Any Amiga with 4MB of free FastRAM.
Runs emulated on AOne, Pegasos, Amithlon and WinUAE
* HTML, C/C++, Hex syntax highlightning
* Unlimited Undo
* Clipboard for Copy&Paste
* Multi-Document Support (up to 16 documents)
* Optional File Tree Browser
* ARexx Port
* Launch ARexx scripts from menu
* Perform Actions in Tree Browser on Pictures, Sounds and Archive Files
Just copy TuiTED + .info wherever you want.
If you want to use ARexx scripts, copy the "ARexx" drawer to the same location
The ARexx Scripts will be called with the current filename including full
diskpath as the
one and only argument.
That's all !
TuiTED is entirely configured via Tooltypes.
SourceBrowser = No
DrawStat = No
PubScreen = Workbench
This will give you a minimalistic editpad!
Sourcebrowser = Yes
DrawStat = Yes
DefaultPath = Work:MyCSourcecodes
PubScreen = TuiTED
Backup = Yes
This will give you a nice C/C++ IDE!
; Window Settings
WindowX = 100 ; window dimensions (not used in full screen mode)
WindowY = 100
WindowWidth = 600
WindowHeight = 400
RememberDimensions = Yes ; remember window sizes on next session
; IDE Settings
PubScreen = Workbench ; Pubscreen to open on, use "TuiTED" to open
on your own screen which will be Workbench clone
SourceBrowser = Yes ; use the file tree browser
SourceBrowser_Width = 220 ; width in pixels for the file tree browser
SourceBrowser_Pattern = ~(#?.(info|bak|xtra)) ; dos pattern to filter file for
the file tree browser
SourceBrowser_Path = Ram: ; default path for the file tree
Backup = Yes ; create a backup file when you save (the old file
will be renamed from "myfile.txt" to "myfile.txt.bak"
ARexxPort = TUITED_REXX ; name of ARexx port
RememberLastFiles = Yes ; show last files (does not work yet)
BubbleHelp = Yes ; switch bubble help on/off
PicPattern = #?.(gif|jpg|iff|png|tif|pcx|bmp) ; dos pattern
associated wih picture files
SoundPattern = #?.(aiff|8svx|mp3|wav|maud|cdda|snd|mp2|aifc|aif) ; dos
pattern that will be associated with audio files
UnPackerPattern = #?.(lha|zip|lzx|tar|rar|tgz|gz) ; dos pattern that will
be associated with unpacker
PicViewer = Sys:Utilities/Multiview ; tool to use with picture files
SoundPlayer = C:TKPlayer ; tool to use with audio files
UnPacker = Sys:Tools/UnArc ; tool to use as unpacker
UndoBuffer = Yes ; use undo buffer
UndoBuffer_Path = SYS:T ; temporare path for undo buffer
UndoBuffer_RamSize = 250000 ; maximum bytes in RAM for the undo buffer
UndoBuffer_DiskSize = 250000000 ; maximum bytes on disk for the undo buffer
UndoBuffer_MaxSteps = 1000 ; maximum number of undo steps
; General Texteditor Settings
FontName = Helvetica ; font name we want to use in editor field
FontSize = 13 ; font size
FixFontName = topaz ; font name for hex editor fix font
FixFontSize = 9
BlinkSpeed = 3 ; 0 = no blinking, 1...10 = fast...slow
MarkerLoose = Yes ; if you move the cursor, the marked area gets lost
CursorHideByMark = Yes ; cursor will be hidden when you mark an area
WrapLeft = Yes ; cursor will jump one line upwards if you execeed
the left border
WrapRight = Yes ; cursor will jump one line down if you execeed the
DelWrap = Yes ; you are able to do "WrapLeft" during delete
EntfWrap = Yes ; you are able to drag the lower line upwards while
CursorDrag = Yes ; the cursor will be draged when you mark an area
with the mouse and set to the position whrere you release the mouse
TabSize = 4 ; pressing TAB is converted into <n> space characters
RealTab = Yes ; Use TAB character or emulate by <tabsize> space
AutoIndent = Yes ; if you press RETURN, the new line will
automatically start with space characters like the upper line
Scroll_X = 20 ; TuiTED starts to scroll horizontally when you come
<n> pixels close to the side border
Scroll_Lines = 0 ; TuiTED starts to scroll vertically when you come
<n> lines close to the top or bottom border
BreakReturn = Yes ; pressing RETURN will cut the current line at the
current position and take the right part down
DrawStat = Yes ; show the "Line: xxx Pos: xxx" display
ShiftMark = Yes ; mark an area not only with mouse but by pressing
SHIFT and move the cursor wih arrow keys
ScrollRedraw = No ; redraw whole texteditor field when scrolling
instead of using ScrollRastPort(), which might be fast on systems with slow gfx
LineCursor = No ; show a line instead of a block cursor
; ASCII Editor Settings
Text = $000000 ; color for ASCII text
Background = $FFFFFF ; background for all text types
MarkerBG = $AABBDD ; marker background color
MarkerText = $FFFFFF ; marker foreground color
CursorBG = $AA0000 ; not used
CursorText = $FFAAAA ; not used
Text_Pattern = #?.(txt|src|guide|readme|log|doc) ; dos pattern that will be
associated with the texteditor
; Amiblitz Settings
AB2_Token = $0000FF ; color of Amiblitz tokens, e.g. "NPrint"
AB2_Constant = $992277 ; color of Amiblitz constants, e.g. "#IDCMP_MOUSEBUTTONS"
AB2_Text = $000000 ; color of Amiblitz normal text
AB2_Comment = $669966 ; color of Amiblitz comments, e.g. " ; this is my
AB2_String = $666666 ; color of Amiblitz strings, e.g. string.s = "i am a
AB2_Macro = $AA7788 ; color of Amiblitz macros, e.g. "!mymarco"
AB2_NewType = $445599 ; color of Amiblitz newtypes, e.g. "alien\xpos"
AB2_Number = $002266 ; color of Amiblitz numeric values, e.g. "x = 0.4231"
AB2_Libsdir = Blitz2: ; default dir where you store your decompiled blitzlibs
for scanning, you may want to change this
AB2_Pattern = #?.(ab2|bb2) ; dos pattern that will be associated with the
; C/C++ Settings
C_Directive = $FF0000 ; color of C directive, e.g. "#define"
C_KeyWord = $0000FF ; color of C keyword, e.g. "return"
C_String = $808080 ; color of C strings
C_Number = $992277 ; color of C numeric values
C_Comment = $008000 ; color of C comment, e.g. "// this is my comment"
C_Text = $000000 ; color of C text
C_Pattern = #?.(c|cpp|h|hpp|rexx|rx|arexx|pl) ; dos pattern that will be
associated with C highlightning
; HTML Settings
HTML_Tag = $2244E0 ; color of HTML tags, e.g. "<br>"
HTML_TagAttr = $228855 ; color of HTML tag attributes, e.g. "<table width=100>"
HTML_Number = $770077 ; color of HTML numeric values
HTML_String = $888888 ; color of HTML strings, e.g. "<table align="left">
HTML_Text = $332200 ; color of ordinary text
HTML_Char = $990000 ; color of HTML character definition, e.g. "ü"
HTML_Pattern = #?.(html|htm|php|xml) ; dos pattern that will be associated with
; HEX Settings
HEX_Offset = $FF0000
HEX_Data = $0000FF
HEX_Number = $992277
HEX_ASCII = $008000
HEX_Other = $666666
HEX_Pattern = #?.(bin|exe|raw|dat) ; dos pattern that will be associated with
Should be self explaining.
QUIT : quit TuiTED
OPEN <file> : open a new document
CLOSE : close the current document
SAVE : save the current document
SAVEAS <file> : save the current document as ...
POPUP : popup gui if in iconfied state, window to front if already open
ICONIFY : iconify the gui and add an app icon to workbench
For more commands your suggestions are welcome!
Known Bugs and Problems
- Find function is still missing "previous" search
- can not copy&paste text larger than 200kB
- will crash if you load/save document via ARexx in iconified state (will be
- scrolling problems with text of more than 32767 lines
- slow on loading large (>1MB) text files
- removed support for MonkeyScript and BlitzBasic2. Watch out for AIDE!
- hmm... suggestions are welcome.
This is probably one of the last versions of TuiTED. The successor will
be called NTuiTED, and will be based on te NTUI Toolkit rather than TUI.
Please email bug reports, suggestions or just "thank you" to support(a)hd-rec*de
- fixed an enforcer hit when double clicking into an empty line
v2.2 - 2.7
- lots of recompiles, possible minor bugfixes
- speedup for reading in large C/HTML/Amiblitz documents: highlightning is now
done on demand
- fixed a freeze when opening a bracked that had no closing bracked
- tooltype handling is now 3.1 and MOS1.4 compliant
- AREXX code re-written
- improved speed when you mark a text range
- doubleclick into the text marks a word now instead of the whole line
- added real tab support finally
- fixed a gfx bug when a bracket was highlighted and you delete/insert a
- added single quote highlightning to html
- fixed some possible enforcer hits (even though they never appeared on my
- fixed a bug when always an extra line was added at the bottom of the document
- fixed a gfx bug in C highlightning: text after /* ... */ in the same line was
still colored as a comment
- some speed-ups in text rendering
- added configurable file extentions for each highlightning type
- startup speed up (icon is cached and not loaded again for every tooltype)
- improved behaviour when opening files or asking for hex mode - no more
orphaned pages etc.
- fixed a serious bug when you type a character with ASCII code>127 in syntax
- fixed a bug where the syntax highlightning was not reset to "nothing"
- new feature: can load, highlight, edit and save binary files in hex-editor
(very cool if you want to quick hack a binary file)
- added tooltypes for the pen colours of hex files highlightning
- improved replace-all: now it replaces all occurences in the whole document,
wherever the cursor is
- improved replace-all: if there is a manual selection of text, only within the
selection will be replaced
- improved replace-all: document is refreshed only once, so the speed is much
faster - if you want to see how it changes, you can still replace step by step
- improved editing speed for C, Hex and HTML
- added fix font support for hex highlightning
- TuiTED can now remember its window dimensions (RememberDimensions=Yes)
- TuiTED Bubble help was broken, and is now configurable (BubbleHelp=Yes)
- C/C++ highlightning is now case sensitive, making e.g. BOOL and bool possible
- handles TAB characters (but not yet displayed correctly)
- fixed a bug when the source browser was not used (open/open new was broken)
- open a new file will not cause a new tab if the text is "new" and never
- fixed a bug when TuiTED was started twice and sent Arexx command "open", and
the filename contained space characters
- improved C/C++ highlightning
- improved AmiBlitz2 highlightning
- added support for highlightning bracket pairs
- some minor bugfixes
- fixed a bug in undo system
- improved the speed of undo system
- recompile with minor enhancements and bugfixes
- fixed a clipboard bug when first line was empty
- added tooltype "linecursor=<yes|no>" to decide if you want a block cursor or
- switched to bigger font in document tabs because my screen resolution is high
- fixed clipboard bug for AOS4
- added returncode switch in menu, so text documents can be converted easily
between Amiga/Linux and Windows returncode
- fixed TAB iconify problem
- TuiTED now auto-detects source return code format (Amiga/Windows/DOS) and save
ASCII file with correct return code
- fixed a small bug when loading a new document via "open" in menu
- added AppIcon, AppMenu and drag&drop
* now you can drag&drop a drawer or disk into the sourcebrowser
* now you can drag&drop a textfile into the texteditor
* window close gadget now iconifies instead of quitting TuiTED
* iconifed GUI can be popped up by workbench tool menu or doubleclicking the
- TuiTED checks for a running instance first, and will send the startfile via
ARexx if necessary instead of opening a new instance
- added tooltype for ARexx Port name
- fixed a memory leak of 4096 bytes (still a leak of about 600 bytes)
- speedup AB2 library reading
- added new AREXX commands "POPUP" and "ICONIFY"
- some "behind the scenes" cleanups and minor bugfixes
- added string bufferoverflow checking
- added "select all" option
- internal memory optimizing, should take less memory (~2,0MB, still a lot...)
- rewrite of GadTools code, now works fine under MOS (continuous scrollers,
scroller arrows, string gadgets)
- fixed a bug with ctrl->RAmiga wrapping (keys were send double)
- added tooltype "scrollredraw" to force a complete redraw instead of
ScrollRastPort(), because it is faster on some systems
- fixed: text pixelwidth was not calculated on pure ASCII files (only
- some refreshing optimizing and tokenizing speedups
THE SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. YOU ARE
ADVISED TO TEST THE SOFTWARE THOROUGHLY BEFORE RELYING ON IT. YOU AGREE TO
ACCEPT THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE AND
DOCUMENTATION. IN NO EVENT WILL THILO KOEHLER BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT,
INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY DEFECT IN THE PROGRAM.