|82730 packages online|
|No screenshot available||
Developed by Evan Scott, Thies Wellpott and Martin R. Elsner
I had the oportunity to contribute to it and here it is.
It's mostly the same distribution than Martin's but
I also included the sources this time.
What is it?
FTPMount is just a small handler and does (nearly) nothing when
it is mounted as device 'FTP:'. But after that you can execute FTP
commands very easy by standard system commands and tools!
It is perfect for tools like DiskMaster, ClassAction, DirOpus or the like.
FTP sites appear as subdirectories of a file system device 'FTP:'.
The root directory of FTP: is actually a mirror of a real directory
somewhere else in the file system. This allows common FTP sites to
be permanently listed under FTP: (so they appear in file requesters
etc), and, through the use of icon tooltypes, to support ftp site
aliases and other options.
FTPMount supports both anonymous and private ftp sessions. Mounted
private ftp sessions can act as a poor-person's NFS mount.
- Reworked sources to make it compile easier for me.
- Added a few Forbid()/Permit() pairs where necessary.
- Added one debug-out line to make sure the tcp-handler is started correctly.
- Source files decrypt_password.c / GenFTPpassword.c included now,
it doesn't matter if you know how it works, the encryption only
makes it necessary to have a real close look at your passwort
and enough time to copy it...
- Debug version only works with the kprintf() output
as introduced by Thies Wellpott now, I really don't apreciate
getting presented with recoverable alerts.
- 68040 version added - just as I could do it.
- Bumped Version to 1.4 to avoid confusion.
- Changed Installation: permanent/temporary usage
Changes by Alessandro Marinuzzi [alecosltsnet.it]:
- Italian catalog
- Quick Install to use FTPMount only temporary
- V 1.0 and V1.2 combined
- Guide updated
- Improved installation script
- German catalog
Contents of comm/tcp/FTPMount.lha
|Aminet © 1992-2019 Urban
the Aminet team.
Aminet contact address: <aminetaminet net>|