This is a Dos handler allowing easy access to Your Google Drive storage.
Without licence key, the handler acts as a read only volume, and document
exporting is disabled. To obtain the licence key, please contact me using
my email address. Once licence obtained, full access to all my upcoming
handlers is enabled. (Dropbox and Google Cloud Print are planned as well)
The cost of the license is 10 EUR.
Since there is no installer yet, You need to follow these steps:
1. Copy the entire 'Google' folder to your Devs: from the archive.
2. Visit the following site with a modern browser: https://goo.gl/1K3xoq
and copy the given client code into Devs:Google/_client_code
(Please note: Every time when You ask new client code, You must delete
Devs:Google/_access_token and Devs:Google/_refresh_token files if they
3. Add the following lines to Your Network-Startup:
Assign SSLROOT: Devs:Google/.sslroot
Mount GOOGLE: from Devs:Google/google.mountlist
(If somehow You already have SSLROOT: assign, skip that line)
That's all. Let's check your installation. Reboot, and open a new
CLI window. Type: list google:
If everything is fine, after a few seconds You should see the list of
files and folders of your GD root. (GD refers to Google Drive in this
To activate the handler at boot time, change 'activate = 0' to
'activate = 1' in Devs:Google/google.mountlist
If You want to see GD icon on Workbench, upload Disk.info from
Devs:Google/.data to Your GD root. In order to upload files You'll
need to use a full version of the handler, or a modern browser.
- GD handler is based on libCurl (v7.37.1), and OpenSSL (1.0.2e)
You can check the components, and the licence status with this
command: list google:about
- DOpus doesn't follow Amiga programming reference manual, and not
support EOF for ACTION_READ. Thus I don't recommend DOpus for
exporting documents from GD.
- GD does not allow modification of file contents. If You want to modify
a file, make a local copy first, and when You have finished, upload it
to your GD.
- GD expects the exact file size for every upload. If You creating a new
file, it is empty. Due to this, if You uploading something, the content
will be stored into a buffer, and the real upload will occur when the
file has been closed. The maximum size of the uploaded file is limited
by amount of free RAM.
- OCR (automatic text document export from image, during upload)
- Shared file support
- icon ghosting
- thumbnails as icons for NG systems
- 64 bit actions for NG systems
- change detection (if You operate with GD on other machine too)
This handler is still in an early stage of development, far from the
mature state. It may contain bugs. Please consider this release as a
public beta. Any feedback is welcomed.
- Viktor Soponyai alias dh1 from Amiga Mania Magazin,