TwinVNC is now GiftWare (and ThomsonWare like To8 or To8DWare... To9PlusWare
This archive includes the 020, 030, 040, 060, AmigaOS4/PPC and MorphOS/PPC
- graphical interface - supported codecs: RAW, RRE, CoRRE, Hextile, ZLibHex,
ZlibRaw, ZRle and Tight (with jpeg option)
- supported sub-codecs: Copyrect, RichCursor and XCursor,
- displays: 3, 6, 8, 16 and 32 bits (usable on OCS/ECS/AGA or RTG screens)
- supports mousewheel and third button
- clipboard support between client and server
- supports Window (with Overlay mode or Soft Scale mode) or full screen display
- powerful keyboard management
- can be iconified
- Amiga Classic
- processor: 68020+
- TCP stack compatible with bsdsocket.library
- a lot of fast memory
0.8beta (09, April 2007):
* Added : - [DOC] Added a "testimonies" menu of day-to-day TwinVNC users.
- Possibility to save your options in a workbench icon.
- A localized Information box that displays technical information
about the server connection.
- The "Reconnect" toolbar button is now available.
- New NODISPLAY option. This option allows you to stop the
incremental refresh display on the TwinVNC side (an RAmiga+R
shortcut allows you to force a global screen refresh). This
improvement was submitted by Crisot. It is useful when you have
an Amiga as well as another computer that both have their own
screen, but with only one mouse and keyboard.
You can thus control this remote computer with low CPU usage on
both machines, as the Amiga screen is not refreshed on the client
side and then not compressed and sent on the server side.
Note that this option forces full screen mode without the toolbar
or screen bar to avoid erratic mouse behaviours when out of the
- New "Test" button in the options box that allows you to preview
options modifications without having to close this window.
- Added the RAmiga+Enter shortcut. This option forces the window
to be resized with the startup predefined settings, or 100% if no
size has been defined.
- Added the CRYPT and SPASS parameters which allow the use of an
encrypted password in your icon tooltypes or in your command
line. The Crypt option is only available for icon use. It can be
used to encrypt a non-crypted password string.
Example: TwinVNC CRYPT="abcd" will encrypt the "abcd" string that
you will use with SPASS parameter instead of the PASS parameter.
Thus, your password will be fully encrypted.
- The aspect of the mouse cursor has been modified in the
"View Only" mode.
- Added the NOREPORTMOUSE parameter that allows you to disable
the transfer of mouse movement data from the server.
- Third mouse button emulated for two-button mouses: Use
- Font properties are now available in the Customise page of the
- Added the SMOOTH parameter. This enables soft smoothing of the
scale mode, using an RTG monitor or not. This option is also
available on the options box.
* Changes: - RTG blits are now non-aligned on 32 bits. This change was made
because of a graphics.library bug, but it was not required in RTG
- Some memory optimisations for normal display mode in 256 or
- Fixed mouse cursor display bug using the cursor option of the
options box. The mouse cursor was erratically displayed.
- Fixed window title bar refresh when the graphical resolution of
the server changes.
- Deleted the specific TS + Shift key fix. This patch caused some
problems with OSX Vnc.
- Fixed a toolbar display bug when toolbar was enabled/disabled
via the options box.
- Others minors bugs fixed.