titlebar.image 40.18 (5.5.2021) by Massimo Tantignone
The titlebar.image is a shared library which, when opened, adds to the system
a public BOOPSI image class called "tbiclass". This class implements several
image types suitable for use as imagery of gadgets added to the titlebar of
a window, such as an "iconify" image, a "pop-up" image, and so on. Also, a
general purpose "empty" (border-only) image is provided, to be used as the
background of more specialized titlebar images.
The purpose of "tbiclass" is to offer developers an easy way to implement
the most common additional titlebar gadgets without having to draw or
code their imagery themselves, and with the added benefit of standardizing
the size and appearance of this kind of gadgets. For instance, developers
needing an iconify gadget were forced for years to hard-code its imagery
into their application, leading to a plethora of similar, but different,
variants of the same gadget across various programs.
The library is freeware; if you use it, you are allowed to distribute it
with your software, typically as a stand-alone file (you could also add a
section for it in your application's installation script).
This is a stand-alone, cut-down version of the "tbiclass" class added to
the system at boot time by the VisualPrefs patch; if VisualPrefs is running,
its version of the class will be used instead of this one.
Also, when running under AmigaOS 3.2, "tbiclass" will use the ICONIFYIMAGE
imagery provided by the V47 Intuition's "sysiclass" instead of its own one.
Note: if you're using AmigaOS 4, it is recommended you install the native
reimplementation of titlebar.image by Fredrik Wikstrom, found on Aminet as
titlebar_ic_os4.lha and on OS4Depot as titlebar_ic.lzx, as well as on the
author's web site (www.a500.org) in place of this one.
- Added support for customizable window titlebar heights as introduced
in AmigaOS 3.2.
- ICONIFYIMAGE now renders actual sysiclass imagery under AmigaOS 3.2.
- Updated the <images/titlebar.h> header file, to prevent clashes with
image type definitions from the AmigaOS 3.2 or 4.x includes.
- Cleaned up the documentation and the example source code a little.
40.17 (26.2.2003) [Only available as a contribution on the OS 4.0 CD]
- TBFRAMEIMAGE now renders actual sysiclass imagery under AmigaOS 4.0.
40.16 (22.4.2002) [Internal version, never released]
- ICONIFYIMAGE now renders actual sysiclass imagery under AmigaOS 4.0.
- Now the attributes IA_Width, IA_Height and IA_ReferenceFont apply to
all image types, rather than only to the TBFRAMEIMAGE type.
- Now the images look correctly also on two-color screens.
- Corrected the height of the iconify image so that it always matches
the height of the system's zoom image.
- Added a new macro to automatically compute the correct horizontal
position of a titlebar gadget using a "tbiclass" instance as its image.
- Added a new attribute to ask the image about its inner dimensions.
- First public release.
E-mail: see above