JForth Professional 3.x Demo
P.O. Box 151051
San Rafael, CA 94915-1051
Mike Haas (mikehstarnine.com)
- Also author of Textra and LCD Calculator
Phil Burk (philntg.com)
- Also author of HMSL, FindWindow and HeadClean
JForth 1.0 first appeared in October, 1986... the
current version is V3.1. JForth was developed for the
Amiga, on the Amiga. It is of the "super forth"-genre,
representative of the state-of-the-art in Forth compilers.
This is a demo version of the JForth Professional 3.x
software development system. It includes a complete
JForth interpreter/compiler which is fully-functional
but limited in the size of executable code it will
produce. Also, the demo will NOT create standalone
programs (the commercial package will). This demo
version also offers an "Introduction" which can be
optionally viewed at startup.
The demo interpreter/compiler includes a disassembler,
assembler, as well as a source-level debugger. While
the demo package does not provide the JForth "include"
files (similar to C's ",h" files, JForth calls them
".j"), MANY are pre-compiled and accessible in the demo
program. Similarly, the demo can also call many Amiga
shared-library functions, as they have been pre-compiled
for you (the demo package does NOT support adding more...
the commercial package can call any Amiga library func-,
tion, even custom libraries).
Additionally, there is a compiled program which
demonstrates the JForth interface into graphics,
menus, HAM mode, etc.
There are several source files included, including an
IFF file viewer, word/line counter and others.
Additionally, several tutorials are provided for
users new to Forth and/or JForth.
Also provided is V1.11 of Textra, the user-friendly
Amiga GUI-based text editor. This is the same editor
which accompanies the JForth package and can be
integrated with JForth (even the demo) via ARexx.
(Later versions of Textra are available and are
completely backward-compatible with JForth).
Finally, as an example of a JForth standalone,
graphics-based productivity application, Mike Haas'
1993 "LCD Calculator II" is included.
NEW FEATURES OF JFORTH PROFESSIONAL 3.x
- Amiga DOS 2.0 includes and library support, 68040-compatible
- ASL file requester
- ANIM and ANIMBRUSH IFF extensions to the Picture system
- ARexx support toolbox simplifies writing command driven
- Mike Haas' Textra editor (v1.11) integrated with JForth
- Faster and smarter Clone
- Profile - code performance analyser
- ARP and Requester library support
- New error handling tools,
- Optional global register-based optimizing compiler
- Index for manual
- Improved local variables
- Tools for Double Buffered graphic displays
- Numerous other improvements and (gasp) bug fixes
- Now comes on 3 disks
- Improved manual with Index
1 Meg required
JForth Professional 3.x MSRP is $179.95
This demo package is freely-distributable