Heretic Amiga Port.
Please read guide included in archive carefully.
new in v1.1
- I think I have finally fixed the bug that caused crash on
exit with directcgx enabled. But who knows?
- Added -instrfile switch. Can be used to specify MIDI_Instruments
file. Optimized hereticsound.library a bit. Bumped version
- Fixed a lot of enforcer hits. Now it should be stable,
also in WOS version. I think I should be more carefully
when I will try to optimize something next time ;)
- fixed hicolor routines in doublebuffered mode. Worked
wrong on cgfx.
- fixed fps counter drawing in hicolor, on cgfx display.
new in v1.0
- New feature: jumping! Jump with ENTER key.
- fixed windowed mode on cgfx.
- fixed directcgx routines. (It rocks on BVision;)
- fixed bug that caused crash in PPC version.
- added -screenmode switch. See Guide for more info.
- added -wad switch. Someone asked for it. It can be used to
specify wad file (ie -wad heretic1.wad).
- fixed bug which caused crash on exit with -directcgx switched
on. I am not sure about that, so someone please verify this.
(It works for me).
new in v0.999(9)
- PPC version is much faster now. Please refer to
Guide for more info.
- Close Gadget now works in window mode. Of course it
quits the game ;)
- Added Amiga Menus. Just press Right Mouse button and see
what will happen. Works only in Window mode so far.
Maybe I will add this feature also to screen version of
Heretic. Treat this as an experiment. For example
Load, Save and New game does not work. Other menus
may work or not.
- Fixed HAM6 routine in 68k version.
- Added support for ToolTypes (at least ;) all tool types
available are listed in Guide.
- New bilinear filtering functions on PPC side.
Written by Noe, fast as hell.
- New transparency code in hicolor (PPC) faster, better.
- Fixed all 15Bit routines to work in 15bit ;)
Some of them (like transparency code) was working
still in 8 Bit mode.
- Cleaned the code. Found a lot of code, that was not
needed. Removed. Runs Faster.
- At least fixed the 'Exit-Hang-Bug' in WOS version.
- Added couple of inline assembly functions in WOS version.
- Added couple of asm optimized functions in 68k version.
new in v0.951 (has not been released - I had no time)
- New Venus Art Customers Service started. We now supports
both ppc kernels. We also have hope, other people will do
the same thing.
* Now you aren't terrorised by PowerUP/WarpOS advocacy.
* Now you have choice !!!
- Added HereticWOS executable. Use on your own risk.
It has not been tested. A lot of things may not work.
If it crashes - don't blame me. vbcc is not the best
compiler on world, for sure.
- Fixed Map rendering in hi-resolution.
- Fixed display routines.
- title and intermissions songs works (I forgot about that - it is
available from v 0.89 I think)
new in v0.935
- Probably introduced a lot of new bugs in cgfx display
routines (dunno if this version is working om cgfx or not)
Maybe it will be fixed, maybe not - who knows?
- Fixed framerate calculations in -playdemo & -timedemo1
- removed -turbo switch. It was only needed to simulate 'very fast'
game, reported by some people. Now -bus fixes this bugs, so there is
no need to keep -turbo. However, it can be simulated on PPC,
with -bus switch and very low bus_clock value.
- added couple of asm-optimized functions in 68k version.
- Removed sound precacheing. 'Eated' lot of memory (some people don't
have 64Mb ,like I do ;) and caused some problems. Actually it has
been removed already in v0.89, but I forgot to mention.
- renamed DoomSound.library to HereticSound.library. It is not compatible
- Added new c2p module (c2p_highres) which can be used on AGA to
get higher resolution. It is damn slow anyway.
- fixed high reslution. Weapon is now rendered correctly
as well as all texts and graphics elements.
- added -scaledgui switch. See Guide for more info.
- renamed config file to va_heretic.cfg (No more problems with
new in v0.89
- fixed almost all routines, to use any resolution.
However, there still may be some places, where heretic will
show big mess in higher resolution than 320x200.
- new DoomSound.library. Rewritten by NOE. It has better mixing routines.
Version has been bumped to 38. Heretic NEEDS this version of library to run
- Stereo panning works!
- Sound volume is now much higher.
- Grid in automap has been activated. See Guide for more info.
- New faster HAM6 c2p (PPC).
- Timedemo bugs fixed. Now -timedemo switch works perfectly.
- Fixed this ugly two little sprites on status bar in hicolor mode.
- New faster timing routines in 68k version.
- fixed HereticLauncher, to allow using ':' and other chars in
'Other Options' gadget.
- fixed joystick support.
- added support for external c2p modules (68k).See guide for more info.
added -c2p switch See guide for more info.
- added two IconSets. See guide, to see who made it.
- screenshoting now works also in 256 colour mode. However, pictures
are saved as 24bit IFF.
- Fixed sky wraping bug in high resolution.
new in v0.8
- new, faster rendering routines in 68k version.
- new timing routines. This code was taken from ADoom PPC, with some
additional optimizations. Added -bus switch. Guide for more info.
new in v0.7
- High resolution. There is a lot of limitations:
- It does not work on AGA in 68k version
- It does not work on AGA in hicolor (on both PPC and 68k)
- A lot of things will probably look weird, I am working on that.
- It actually can be only used in full screen game, A lot of
code still need to be patched.
- Fixed hicolor in cgfx.
- added -lowdetail switch, lowdetailed are only floor and ceiling.
Can be changed during game with 'l' key.
This speeds game a bit (aspecially on 68k). Does not work in hicolor
- added Heretic Launcher, for easy access to all switches and options.
- added -turbo options. Some people reported, that this game runs too
fast on their computers. Now I know why - but I don't know how
to fix it ;( If you dare, try to finish 1st level, in nightmare
+ turbo mode ;)
new in v0.6
- Jacek Cybularczyk (Noe) joined to the team ;)
- I screwed a lot of things in v0.5. Sorrry for that.
- added -hicolor (enables 15bit rendering) and -bilinear
(enables bilinear filtering in hicolor) switches.
Bilinear filtering can be switched on/off during the game
with F5 key.
Bilinear filtering works only on walls,floors and ceilings.
Sprites are filtered only vertically.
- Added -ham6 and -ham8 switches. ham6 is default for aga.
- at least fixed sound routines. It works ok now (at least
on my machine ;)
- Fixed AGA Window mode.
- Hicolor rendering on cgfx has not been tested.
So it may not work.
- Added joy suppport. My joystick is broken,so I dont know
if it works.
- Added code to make screenshots. Only in hicolor so far.
new in v0.5
- Fixed some bugs in sound replay routines.
- All sounds are now precached at start.
- Heretic now works in window also on AGA. This feature is very
buggy at the moment.
new in v0.4
- Sound. I have used doomsound.library which was used in
ADoom PPC. This library was created by Joseph Fenton.
All I have made was pragma file with proper libcall's
for 68k version of Heretic.
This also allow to use music (you will need MIDI_Instruments
from ADoom to hear music).
Three new switches:
-music enables music
-nosfx disables sound fx
-nosound disables all sound (music and sfx)
- Fixed all (as always only hopefully ;) bugs in cgfx display
- There is no need to use -asl switch on cgfx anymore.Heretic
will try to find best screen mode automagically.
- Heretic now automagically pauses, if heretic screen or window
has been deactivated.
- Added mousewheel support. Mousewheel simulates look up
and look down keys.
New in v0.3:
- Added code to darken display, if menu is active.
- all keyboard bugs has been fixed. See guide
for available keys.
- some minor speedup made to 68k version, and also for
- hopefully fixed all bugs with cgfx.
- Sound and network does not work at the moment.