[FrodoV4_1.Amiga.lha: AmigaOS binary distribution]
Frodo V4.1 is a free, portable C64 emulator for BeOS, Unix, MacOS,
AmigaOS, RiscOS and WinNT/95 systems.
Some of the emulation's features:
- This emulator focuses on the exact reproduction of special graphical
effects possible on the C64, and has therefore relatively high system
requirements. It should only be run on systems with at least a
- Frodo is capable of running most games and demos correctly, even those
with FLI, FLD, DYCP, open borders, multiplexed sprites, timing
dependent decoders, fast loaders etc.
- 6510 emulation: All undocumented opcodes, 100% correct decimal mode,
instruction/cycle exact emulation.
- VIC emulation: Line-/cycle-based emulation, all display modes, sprites
with collisions/priorities, DMA cycles, open borders, all $d011/$d016
- SID emulation: Real-time digital emulation (16 bit, 44.1kHz), including
filters (only under BeOS, Linux, HP-UX, MacOS and AmigaOS).
- 1541 emulation: Drive simulation in directories, .d64/x64 or .t64/LYNX
files, or processor-level 1541 emulation that works with about 95% of
all fast loaders and even some copy protection schemes.
- Other peripherals: Keyboard and joystick (real joysticks (only under
BeOS, Linux and AmigaOS) or keyboard emulation).
- The full source code in C++ is available.
- Frodo is freeware. Why pay >$40 for a C64 emulator?
The most important changes from V4.0:
- Ability to save/load the emulator state to/from snapshot files
- Added Frodo PC, an improved line-based emulation
- Sound support for Solaris 2.x
- Fixed several bugs in the 6510/6526 emulation
- Ported to Win32 and Acorn RiscOS
- BeBox or PowerMac with BeOS DR8
- Unix systems with X11R6 or Linux/SVGAlib (Tcl/Tk 4.1 recommended)
- 68k or PPC Macintosh with System 7.5
- Amiga/DraCo with 68040/68060, AmigaOS 3.0 and a graphics card
- Acorn RiscPC with RiscOS
- Intel x86 system running Windows NT/95