|84189 packages online|
|No screenshot available||
QDOS Classic is a Sinclair QL emulator. It runs on Q40, Amiga and
now UAE via this Kick ROM. Note you don't need an Amiga Kick ROM
to boot UAE as a QL!
QL disks images have to be saved as RAW MFM in order to be
accessable by UAE.
This version doesn't check for memory upgrades.
PATCHING TK2 INTO THE ROM
Note TK2 is NOT included in this archive.
If you have a legal/spare version of TK2 patch it in to this kick ROM
at location $13200.
KICK.ROM - The KICK ROM
UAEQLKickROM.readme - This file.
BETA s - 28 AUG 02
* On the Amiga version, since v3.20 the first byte of every
blitter screen refresh has flickered. (i.e at 8 places down the
left of the screen). This is now fixed.
* Created a QDOS Classic Kickstart ROM for use on the UAE amiga
emulator. Doesn't scan for memory expansions yet.
* No great changes to the Q40 version.
BETA r - 28 NOV 00
* Altered screen PAN routine to remove it's dependency on the
MOVEP m/c instruction. QDOS classic software-emulates the
MOVEP instruction for 68060 systems because MOVEP is not
implemented on the 68060. This alteration solves a problem
where PAN was noticibly slower on 68060 QDOS classic systems.
BETA q - 15 JUN 00
* Replaced O-tilde CTRL-SHFT-E with EURO symbol
* Improved BEEP routines slightly
* Fixed bug in SSS_SAMPLE routine. This routine now returns the
* Fixed start-up glitch on Amiga SSS routines
* SER device on Amiga implementation now uses custom LVL1 (send)
and LVL5 (receive) interrupt routines to improve speed.
* Fixed bug in MT.DMODE routine. Should return original QL-like
info when passed -1 in d0. Instead always returned the
Minerva-like extended (2nd screen) info - which should only be
returned if you ask for it - by passing $40 in d0. Must have
introduced this bug in the OCT 95 release! -MJS
BETA p - 17 SEP 99
* Implemented SSS compatible BEEP command
* Peripheral ROM sources changed to compile with GST asembler
(BASIC make file included)
* Removed THINGs. QPAC2 no longer needs a special BOOT program
for QDOS classic. You should be able to use your old QL one.
* Minimised patch-code delay.
Explanation: The main system ROM does not know about the
hardware, so it is necessary for the external ROMs to patch
into the system vectors.
BOOTSTRAP patches the LVL2 int vector and redirects other ints
through the LVL2 code which distinguishes between FRAME and
CLOCK patches into TRAP1 for MT.RCLCK, MT.SCLCK & MT.ACLCK
KEYBOARD patches into TRAP1 for MT.IPCOM
SERIAL patches into TRAP1 for MT.BAUD
SAMPLED SOUND SYSTEM patches into the LVL4 & LVL6 int vectors
All this Redirection adds to the time it takes to process these
vectors, this delay has been minimised as much as possible in
BETA o - 19 JUL 99
* Implemented Q40 SER2.
* Implemented Q40 FLP2.
* Implemented an SMSQ/E compatible Sampled Sound System
BETA n - 03 JUN 99
* Fixed bug in direct sector read/write (e.g. Flp1_*D<n><d>)
* Tidied up SOFTROM code. Created SOFTROM_rext toolkit for
Q40 systems that lack QDOS Classic.
BETA m - 26 MAY 99
* Fixed bug in Q40 memory check. 4mb & 20mb systems now work.
* F1 chosen automatically from F1/F2 screen if no key is
pressed within 10 seconds.
* QubIDE times out properly if no hard drive h/w is present.
BETA l - 25 MAY 99
* Fixed bug where some function keys didn't work.
* Added some rudimentary support for Q40 sound.
BETA k - 30 MAR 99
* Fix to take account of PTR_GENs bad manners.
PTR_GEN/WMAN combination now work.
* Some changes to allow QPAC2 to run, see QPAC2_boot and
QPAC2_readme for example.
* Fixed bug in BREAK (<CTRL><SPACE>) that occasionally showed
junk on screen.
* Fixed bug in SOFTROM that always showed junk on screen.
* <ALT><cursor key(s)> now repeats properly.
* Keyboard buffer is emptied at boot-time (hence slight delay)
to fix some KEYROW problems from junk keystrokes.
* SERial now uses 2 stop bits for compatibility with QL (oops)
* By request, location $280a7 holds $11 to signify Q40 hardware
* Some documentation at last.
BETA j - 24 FEB 99
BETA i - 24 FEB 99
BETA h - 19 FEB 99
* By this time SER1, FLP1 and QubIDE implemented on Q40.
BETA pre-h - 98-99
* Sorry, history forgotten.
BETA - 24 JUL 98
* Various ammendments to the QDOS kernel ROM to remove residual
* Implemented Q40 frame/polled interrupts
* Support for Q40 keyboard
* Support for Q40 real-time clock
* Renamed Amiga-QDOS as QDOS-Classic since project is no-longer
* First Q40 working beta copy sent to Peter Graf
Note: The term 'Classic' was more-than-likely taken from an
article in QL-Today by Adrian Ives, where he described his
QL black-box as his 'QL-Classic'.
BETA - 26 JUN 98
* Received Q40 board from Peter Graf and began cross-platform
THINGS TO DO
* Implement PAR
* Think up a good use for the NVR ram
post: MARK J SWIFT e-mail: mswblackpool.ac.uk
175 CHURCH STREET
Contents of misc/emu/UAEQLKickROM.zip
Length Method Size Cmpr Date Time CRC-32 Name
-------- ------ ------- ---- ---------- ----- -------- ----
0 Stored 0 0% 2002-08-30 13:07 00000000 UAEQLKickROM/
5239 Defl:X 2674 49% 2002-08-30 13:07 f144d4f0 UAEQLKickROM/UAEQLKickROM.readme
262144 Defl:X 50785 81% 2002-08-29 20:24 845ab629 UAEQLKickROM/KICK.ROM
-------- ------- --- -------
267383 53459 80% 3 files
|Aminet © 1992-2023 Urban
the Aminet team.
Aminet contact address: <aminetaminet net>|