HD-Rec 010 beta © 2002-2012
What did I just download ?
HD-Rec is a powerful MIDI/Audio sequencer for AmigaOS and
compatible OSes. The final target is to replace a whole music
production studio (well, at least a MIDI studio) with software
It is a sequencer that can handle MIDI tracks and audio tracks
in very similar way, both arranged in the same timeline window.
The MIDI tracks can be played by an external hardware synth
via MIDI interface or internal via softsynth (e.g. "Sweeper").
The audio tracks can be recorded through your soundcard
or imported from disk. The most common fileformats are supported
(.wav, .aiff, .8svx, .mp3).
It has an integrated audio mixer with 16 true-stereo channels,
1 input and a master out channel, plus 4 aux channels.
There are a lot of useful high quality audio effects that can be
attached as insert or send effects to the channels.
This archive contains:
* HD-Rec V0.10 Beta
* various audio effects (Reverb, Delay, Chorus, Flanger, EQ, ...)
* Plugin: "Sweeper" Softsynth V2.0
* Plugin: "VM-49" virtual Masterkeyboard
* Plugin: "AMixer" pop up tool
* some demo songs using Sweeper
* General MIDI bank and various instruments for Sweeper
HD-Rec was successfully tested on following platfroms:
* Classic Amiga 68060/50MHz / AmigaOS 3.5
* WinUAE / AmigaOS 3.9
* Amithlon / AmigaOS 3.9
Note: This is a beta version of HD-Rec. Some features are still missing
and maybe it contains some serious bugs, so be warned, use it at
your own risk and do not make the author responsible for any
data loss. See the disclaimer at the end of this document.
If you find a bug or you have a suggestion how to improve the
workflow or what new features should be implemented, please write
an email to support hd-rec de.
To see what is new in this release, see the file "history.txt" in the
Visit the website at http://www.hd-rec.de for more.
Join the yahoo group of "hd-rec" !
Double click the install icon and follow the instructions.
If you want to use mp3 encoding, copy the executable
of the mp3 encoder "LAME" to the C: directory or the HD-Rec
- 68060/50MHz or faster 68K Emulation
- graphics card with at least 640x480
- 32 MB RAM
- camd.library, mpega.libary, zlib.library
- AHI 4 (ahi.device 5.29)
- Picasso96 or Cybergraphics
- optional "LAME" installed in C: or HD-Rec directory
Last Minute Hints
- make sure to have ahi.device 5.29 or higher installed in Devs:
- make sure to have camd.libary installed in Libs: (using AOS4/MOS you
need the camd replacement library!)
- if you run HD-Rec on 68060/50 MHz try the LOW QUALITY demos (be warned!)
- make use of the online-help, wait a second over the gadgets or press HELP
over the gadgets
- copy the "LAME" executable to C: for mp3 export functionality
- use SFS, PFS or FAT32, seeking in FFS or even OFS is too slooow
- there seems to be a bug in AHI that under rare circumstances the
samplerate is calculated wrong - don't use the default AHI audio mode,
it is better to select the desired AHI mode explicitly.
- if HD-Rec does not run, don't give up and report bugs to
support hd-rec de (I am sure we will fix this soon ;-)
THE SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. YOU ARE
ADVISED TO TEST THE SOFTWARE THOROUGHLY BEFORE RELYING ON IT. YOU AGREE TO
ACCEPT THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE AND
DOCUMENTATION. IN NO EVENT WILL THILO KOEHLER BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT,
INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY DEFECT IN THE PROGRAM.