RNORadio is a GUI based internet radio player program for MP3 streams.
The actual streaming and playback is based on the CgmRadio program, but
RNORadio still works as a stand-alone program with no dependencies.
- Two GUI options: MUI or custom skin(s)
- Displays stream titles in real-time from the MP3 metadata
- Comprehensive station editor, with option to load station logo(s) from
a local drive or Internet (both HTTP and HTTPS protocols are supported)
- Supports multiple streams per station
- Can import streams from PLS, M3U, Extended M3U, and XSPF playlist files
- Has a Shoutcast search window
- Animation support for custom skin elements, and a station's logo
- Alpha transparency support in custom skins with images and animations
- Can display extra information from stations, but currently only intended to
display the "OneLiner" chat from Nectarine when using the MUI GUI
- ARexx, command line, and tooltypes support
- Copy the whole directory anywhere you want and just launch the program
The program should be quite straightforward to use, but here are some notes
about using it practically.
The Shoutcast search window can be opened from the Project menu or by using
the simultaneous keypress RCommand and O (RCmd+O) hotkey. When the Shoutcast
window/GUI opens enter search parameters in the search field or just leave
the search field empty and click search to list the top stations. Searches
can also be listed in ascending/descending order by clicking the column
Double-clicking a station, or selecting an item and clicking the Add button,
will add a selected station to the stations list.
If the Edit Stations window is not open the current station will switch to
the new station immediately, otherwise the new station won't get used until
the Edit Station window is closed by the Save or Use buttons.
Stations can be selected in a custom GUI by using the right mouse-button
pull-down/pop-up menu, or by left-clicking on a station/stream names in a
custom GUI (hidden menu option) to open the Select Streams window.
You can allocate up to 10 favourite Hotkeys for stations, by selecting the
Hotkey option when editing streams and choosing an used Hotkey. To use it,
press Right Command + (chosen number) to swap to that station.
COMMAND LINE OPTIONS AND ICON TOOLTYPES
RNORadio uses non-standard command line arguments. Arguments must be given
in the form of (note the "-" prefix): -argument parameter
-autoplay . . . . - Starts playback automatically
-stream <url> . . - Adds a new stream at startup
-playlist <file> . - Imports a playlist file at startup
-defdir <dir> . . - Sets the initial directory to open files
-cxkey <key> . . . - Sets a global hotkey to iconify/un-iconify the program
RNORadio -playlist "Work:Stuff/tunein-station.pls"
The same arguments can be used as icon tooltypes, but by omitting the
CXKEY=ctrl alt r
Program's ARexx port is RNORADIO and supported commands are:
PLAY . . . . . . . . . . . . - Starts streaming
STOP . . . . . . . . . . . . - Stops streaming
TOGGLE . . . . . . . . . . . - Toggles between play and stop
STATION <n> . . . . . . . . - Selects a station, <n> is a number and the
first station is 0 (use GET STATIONS to see
the list of stations)
STREAM <n> . . . . . . . . . - Selects a stream
IMPORT <file> . . . . . . . - Imports a playlist file
ADD <url> . . . . . . . . . - Adds a stream as a new station
QUIT . . . . . . . . . . . . - Quits the program
GET <STATE|STATION|STATIONS| - Returns the requested information
RXCmd RNORADIO "GET STATIONS"
RXCmd RNORADIO "STATION 3"
Please read the RNORadio/Skins/About_skins.txt file for instructions.
If you create a cool skin, I'm happy to bundle it in the next version of the
program. So, please email the skin to me :)
- Added hotkeys for favourite stations
- Shoutcast search results can also be reverse sorted
- No longer asks twice if you want to replace a station
- Fixed some iconifying and commodity issues with the MUI GUI
- Changed the Shoutcast keyword handling to always use lowercase
- More verbose handling connection errors
- Less strict with characters in the MUI GUI
- Fine-tuned playlist importing
- Please visit http://jpv.wmhost.com/jpv_software/ for screenshots, support,
donations, and other software
- This program is made with Hollywood: http://www.hollywood-mal.com/
- The wget program is from the MorphOS SDK. Sources for it are available here:
- Grzegorz 'krashan' Kraszewski and Michal 'rzookol' Zukowski for CgmRadio
- Konrad 'recedent' Czuba for graphics
- Neil Pearson for testing and proof-reading
This software is made available to you as Freeware and you may use this
software in whatever way you wish, but the author accepts no liability for
any damage caused to your system or other connected peripherals by using