With this new SmartClipboard screenbar plugin, you are able to define an action
if you copy text to the Clipboards.
It's useful if you want to read a document from a newly downloaded program,
using MultiView, etc.. Imagine there are links to a website, a YouTube video
or the email address of the author in the text file.
Previously you had to mark the text with the link, copy it to the Clipboards,
then open the appropriate program and paste text into it. Annoying, eh?
Now, you just mark some text and copy it to the Clipboards. That's all you do!
My SmartClipboard compares the copied text with the defined patterns and
executes the corresponding command!
Here are some examples, which are handled by its default actions:
- if you copy a http(s) URL (like http://www.Igracki.de) to the Clipboards, the
website will be automatically opened in your default browser
- a YouTube URL like http://youtu.be/-dyRRUts594
- if you copy "spamIgracki.de" the default email program will be opened so you
can directly write a mail to "spamIgracki.de"
- if you copy a URL which links to an image on the Internet, an external tool
(ViewWebImage) will be opened to display that image without the need for a
- additionally, if you copy something that looks like a filepath, a new lister
with the filepath will be opened in Ambient
These are only the default patterns, you can define more if you want to in the
If you create some useful patterns/command pairs, don't hesitate to send them
to me, and maybe I'll include them in the default config!
To use these actions you first have to activate the "Clipboard hook" either by
selecting the menu-item from the popup menu (which opens if you click with the
left mouse button on the SmartClipboard icon in your screenbar) or by clicking
the icon with the right mouse button. This toggles the Clipboards hook on/off,
displayed as a small star in the right upper corner of the icon.
There's also a ClipHistory named feature that remembers previously copied text,
so you are able to paste previously copied text too, not just a current 'Clip'!
You can open the ClipHistory window via the popup-menu or with a user definable
hotkey, the default is RAmiga+Shift+V. Then select the entry you want to paste
via cursor keys or mouse and press RETURN, double-click with left mouse button
or press the "Close & Paste" button. The ClipHistory window will be closed and
a paste event (RAmiga/LCmd/RCmd+v) will be inserted to simulate pressing the
Clipboards paste key (RAmiga/LCmd/RCmd+v).
There are other buttons in the ClipHistory window that remove individual or all
entries or make the current entry the active Clipboards content, which displays
it in BOLD and moves it to the top of the list in the ClipHistory window.
If you copy multiple lines at once into the Clipboards or the text exceeds a
limit of 80 characters the listview will only display the first line/characters
followed by a "..." to indicate that there is more text.
You can see the whole text of the current entry if you hover over the text for
the preset amount of time for MUI bubble-Help to activate, or press the Help
key over the list, which displays the whole text in a MUI help bubble.
Just copy the contents from the "SYS" folder to your SYS: partition manually
or execute/double-click the "Install" file to do this.
Note:- A custom config file will not be overwritten.
Please visit http://www.igracki.de to checkout my other software and/or make a
donation to show appreciation for my efforts to inspire me for future updates.
- the MorphOS team for creating such a wonderfull OS!
- Neil Pearson for proof-reading and beta testing
- jPV & Neil Pearson for the disclaimer text. ;)
This screenbar utility is made available to you as Freeware and you may use it
in whatever way you wish, but the author accepts no liability for any damage
caused to your system or other connected peripherals by using this software.
03-Jan-2021: v1.3, release
- Recompiled with a new ECX library module code, which fixes a use-after-free
05-Mai-2020: v1.2, release
- now the AskBefore requester only shows the command without the clip content
because the requester could become very wide, if the content is very large
27-Apr-2020: v1.2, beta5
- fix: if you copy subsequent text to ClipHistory, each becomes bold text
- renamed again the "->Clipboard" button to "Make Active"
- if you have multiple screens open, and the "Clipboard hook" is activated
in the settings, the "Do action" and "Ask before" menu items were ghosted
26-Apr-2020: v1.2, beta4
- fixed re-opening of the ActionEditor window
- the "Update Check..." menu-item will be disabled, during the UpdateCheck
- the window now re-opens on any new screen, even if it was already open on a
- fix: window no longer opened under the mouse, instead it opened out of the
screen border if the mouse was at the border of the screen, which doesn't
- renamed the "Copy" button to "->Clipboard" to realise what it's use is for
- if you remove the first entry, copy the next entry to the clipboard
- display the first entry of the list as BOLD style
19-Apr-2020: v1.2, beta3
- added a "Do action" menu-item to specify which actions should be acted on if
the Clipboard hook is active, if you only want to use the ClipHistory feature
- added a "Ask before" menu-item to query if the user wants an action to be
- the help bubble of the ClipHistory listview could display the wrong entry if
you remove an entry or all entries
- added some help text to the buttons
- renamed the "Paste" button to "Close & Paste"
- added a "Copy" button to copy the current entry to the clipboard without
closing the window
[suggested by NewSense]
18-Apr-2020: v1.2, beta2
- do not warn that there are no actions defined, if you copy something to
the Clipboards but don't have any actions defined
[reported by NewSense]
- added a working "About..." menu-item
- renamed the menu-item "Open Window..." to "Action Editor..."
- the Action Editor now re-opens on the new screen, if it was already open
on a different screen
- fixed a possible crash with multiple screens
- added a ClipHistory window, press RAmiga+Shift+V to open the window, then
select an entry and press RETURN to paste this entry
- added a "Clip History..." menu-item
- if the copied text contains multiple lines, show only the first line in the
- up to 5 placeholders (%s) are supported in the command to be replaced with
the clip contents
- only tries to match clip contents that are a single line
- the command for the pattern to open local files, is smart enough to open only
- removed some debug output when checking for an update
- fixed some patterns of the default config
- new: clone the search path for the Shell, where the command is executed
- new: The current dir of the Shell is now set to "Sys:",
so e.g. "Touch bla" works now, before it failed due to its relative path
- new: a "Current Dir" setting, to specify the current dir in the Shell
- new: a "Clipboard hook" setting, to have it active on startup
[suggested by roschmyr]
- fix: the "Pattern:" and "Command:" string couldn't be activated by the
- new: if you press RETURN in the "Pattern:" string, the "Command:" string
will be activated
- removed the "About..." menu-item, temporarily
- installing failed partially, due to a missing sub-dir
15-Apr-2020: v1.0, first public release