SRename is a freeware rename application with many features.
Some of them are:
- Upper case, lower case, toggle case, insert, append, delete and replace
- Selectors for the prefix, main, and suffix components, single or multiple
words, characters from the left, middle, or right, matched characters,
character codes or strings, and a comment selector.
- More complex operations like sentence case, removal, replacement or
swapping of selected characters or strings, length trimming, conversion
to hex ascii, and more can be built by combining actions and selectors to
form rename operations.
- Multiple rename operations can be executed for the same or different parts
of the filename.
- Using rename operations in groups allows operations like the swapping of
the position of selected characters.
- Support for long filenames up to OS limit (107 characters) depending on
the filesystem used.
- Recursion with control over recursion depth level, level to start
processing and separate pattern for matching directories to enter
- Numbering and renumbering of filename sequences with control over basename,
step value, number position and number places.
- Swap, left shift and right shift operations of filename components, as well
as conversion to MS-DOS filename format.
- The filename can be redirected to the comment and the reverse is also
- Display of statistics like time taken and number of renamed filenames.
- Compatible with any Amiga running OS3 or later and also compatible with OS4
as it runs transparently as a 68K executable.