For support, more information and help please visit jackforamigaos.wordpress.com
Concieved, Designed and Developed by Richard Lake (
The Jack Drawer icon and Program icon are designed by Frank Ruthe aka Cha05e90.
The icons that appear in Jack are part of the AISS set currently maintained
Martin 'Mason' Merz. Any other imagery that may appear are copyright of their
The skin interface was created by Nikola Tomic aka djnick. Thanks! :-)
1. What is Jack? - "All about Jack"
2. Features - "Jam-packed"
3. Installation - "Wherever"
4. Requirements - "System friendly"
5. Keyboard Shortcuts - "Everyone loves 'em"
6. Command line / Tooltypes - "Add the power of Jack to your Applications"
7. Known Bugs and Limitations - "Sad, but true..."
8. Future releases - "Much more in-store..."
9. Changes / History - "Things can only get better..."
10. Legals - "Boring"
1. What is Jack?
Jack is many things, Jack could be described as an advanced feature-laden ASL
file-requester replacement, it could also be described as a fantastic
standalone program that makes common tasks so much easier.
* Comprehensive AmigaOS App-Store
* Quick access to AmigaOS Preferences
* Screen snapshoter
* Get the Most our of your Amiga. Jack now includes a plug-in for Assist
by Daniel Hutchinson. This will enable Daniel to freely add new
articles and images to Jack in an independent and quicker manner.
Simply download the updates when they become available from the
Download Store and follow installation/update instructions.
* Fully-featured Image Editor, includes Batch-image processing
* Speedy access to all your connected devices
* Support for Push4Dock - quick access to your Documents, Images,
Music and more...
* JackTunes: Comprehensive music player for accessing your ITunes music
* Beta version. Awaiting audio drivers for SAM 460 in order finish this
* Unique Slideshow mode for viewing your image directories
* Handy Calculator, similar to Spotlight in Mac OS X, its there when you
need it most
* Thesaurus - Learn words in the English Language (requires WordNet).
* Basic file-management, Make New Drawer, Delete, Rename and Add Comment
* Open your files in Helper Applications
* HTTP/HTTPS support for downloading files to a directory before Opening
* Jack can be called entirely from the command line, in this mode it will
act as a modern file requester that retains all the above features.
Thanks to the APPDIR system Jack can be installed wherever you want. Although I
dosuggest you copy the Jack folder and all its contents to the system utilities
Please remember to call APPDIR:Jack in your future scripts and AmigaOS
Jack is very system friendly, if you don't have something installed, fine, Jack
will disable associated features. Nonetheless as a minimum Jack requires AISS
installed. Ihighly recommend you install at least version 4.11 as this was used
at the time of development.
If you want to fully enjoy Jack as intended you should install Martin 'Mason'
* Push4Dock - Extra icons appear in the side panel for access to Downloads,
Documents, Music, Videos and Images. Highly recommended download.
* WordNet - To access the Thesaurus, requires the installation of WordNet.
You must also run WordNet at least once from the Workbench for Jack to pick it
up in future.
5. Keyboard Shortcuts
ESC, c - Close / Cancel operation
F1 - App-Store
F2 - Learn to get the most out of your Amiga
F3 - File Manager
F4 - Capture Screen
F5 - JackTunes
F6 - AmigaOS Preferences
F7 - Calculator
F8 - Theasaurus
F9 - Refresh Weather
F10 - File Search
F11 - Weather Options
F12 - Google Currency Converter
h - Iconify Jack
f - Open two instances of Filer side-by-side
d - Open Dopus
n - Open NotePad
TAB - Open a URL
s - Open a Shell widow
w - Toggle between Weather and Calendar
c - Open Configuration
i - Program Credits and System Information
j - Go to Jack support website
q - Quit (AROS Only, workaround for Virtual Box issue)
AMIGA+Q - Quit (All other OSes)
p - Parent
n - Make New Drawer
r - Rename
d - Delete
c - Add Comment
a - Select All (multi-file select mode only)
z - Select None (multi-file select mode only)
f - Jack standalone option, change type of files listed
x - Send selected files/drawers to archive
v - If directory contains any images, switch to Slideshow mode
e - Open certain files in helper application
i - Brings up information on selected files/drawers
o - Operates the Open/Save button (available in Jack commad line mode only)
F5 - Refresh directory
CTRL+Click a Drawer - Open on Workbench / View by Icon
CTRL+SHIFT+Click a Drawer - Open on Workbench / View by Name
UP / DOWN - Move up and down the Lister
PAGEUP/PAGEDOWN - Move in bigger steps up and down the Lister
HOME - Jump to top of Lister
End - Jump to bottom of Lister
The scroll wheel on your mouse is also supported.
App-Store Rate It
Use keys 1-5 to give star ratings
l - Rotate Image left / 90deg anti-clockwise
r - Rotate Image right / 90deg clockwise
s - Open image save options
u - Revert Image
h - Flip image horizontally
v - Flip image vertically
t - Tint Colour
y - Change tint value
When you seeing Paging Arrows on screen you can make use of the keyboard.
b - Select to Save as BMP
g - Select to Save as GIF
i - Select to Save as IFF
j - Select to Save as JPEG
p - Select to Save as PNG
s - Save image(s)
a - Save image or a batch of images under a new name/prefix. In batch-image
mode you also enter the start incremental value of the batch.
t - Add comment to the image(s)
r - Opens the Image Resize window
z - Toggle re-size on and off
Image Resize Window
UP / DOWN arrows on keyboard to scroll through default resize options
w - Set width
h - Set height
k - Toggle Key Aspect Ratio
u - Use settings
Image Editor - Watermark
w - Select a Custom Watermark
n -If installed, open the URL in NetSurf
w - If installed, open the URL in OWB
t - If installed, open the URL in Timberwolf (option currently disabled til TW
gets a command line)
d - Download the given URL to the current directory
u - Use the currently selected option
p/backspace - Go to parent directory
e - Open selected image in editor
Arrows keys to move around, HOME and END to jump to the beginning or the end of
+ and - To Zoom in-and-out of the image
0-9 - Start typing your calculation
r - Reset to Defaults
s - Save Configuration
-/+ - Decrease / Increase Volume
F11 - Mute Volume
F12 - Maximum Volume
-/+ - Decrease / Increase Volume
Space Bar - Pause/Resume Video
1 - Half Size
2 - Original Size
3 - Full-Screen size
f - Toggle between Full-screen and Original size
6. Command line / Tooltypes
You can call up Jack's selection of arguments at any time from the shell simply
by typing APPDIR:Jack -help to list all the features.
DON'T FORGET to look at the example scripts in the 'For Your AmiDock' drawer for
example usage. Jack can also hande multi-file selections, selected files are
simply line delimited.
It should be quite straightforward to parse through the file in your own AmigaOS
applications; I do not know how to parse through such a file using the shell.
The following command line arguments are supported in this version.
Mandatory argument: -output Output selected items from directory view to a
-title [window title] (If blank, defaults to Select a File(s) or Select a
depending on -request parameter.
-request [Open|Save|Drawer] (Ask user to select a file to Open or Save, or
select a destination drawer. Defaults to Open File.
-filter [filtergroup] (Defaults to #FILTER_NONE, see below for available
-multiselect (Allow the user to select multiple files, do not use this with
-volume [volumename] (Specify default volume shown in the lister - Defaults to
-path [pathname] (Specify default drawer from volume specified in -v. Blank by
-help (Show this command line help)
Filter Groups available:
#FILTER_ANIM, #FILTER_ARCHIVE, #FILTER_REXX, #FILTER_CODE, #FILTER_DIRS,
#FILTER_DEVICE, #FILTER_FONT, #FILTER_HTML, #FILTER_IMAGE, #FILTER_INFO,
#FILTER_MOVIE, #FILTER_NONE, #FILTER_PDF, #FILTER_SOUND, #FILTER_TEXT,
The default filter is #FILTER_NONE which shows all files in a directory;
excluding .info files.
NOTE 1: To find out which file extensions belong to which Filter Group open
Jack as normal and click on the Filter icon.
NOTE 2: You can only choose one Filter Group.
NOTE 3: #FILTER_INFO will show drawers and .info files to the user, nothing
Example use 1: jack -title "Select an image" -type File -filter #FILTER_IMAGE
-volume Images: -output ENV:programname_filesSelected
(open jack, filter by images, ask for a single file, start in Images:)
Example use 2: jack -title "Select a drawer" -request Drawer -filter
#FILTER_DIRS -volume DH1: -output ENV:programname_drawerSelected
(open jack, filter by drawer, ask for a drawer, start in DH1:)
Example use 3: jack -title "Select audio file(s) to open" -filter #FILTER_SOUND
-request Opem -multiselect -volume DH1: -output ENV:programname_filesSelected)
(open jack, filter by audio files, let the user select multiple files if they
wish, start in DH1:)
Custom Filter Group:
If your application cannot read/does not support all file extensions of a Filter
Group you will need to specify a custom filter so only those files are shown in
the directory view. Here is the correct way to do this, please note: you must
specify at least 2 file extensions.
Example: jack -title "Select an image" -request File -filter "bmp|gif" -volume
Images: -output ENV:progranname_itemselected.
Do NOT include a leading dot before each extension name just separate them with
bars. Jack can support file extensions up to 7 characters in length.
7. Known Bugs / Limitations
* Inserting a character (rather that end of the text) into a Text Entry field
doesn't work correctly.
* Scroll bars cannot be moved yet.
* There will be no warning if you try and download a URL onto a write-only
device - simply don't do it stupid!
* Search engine overwrites brushes when lots of matches and scrolling down. :(
So 'some' brushes are reloaded again to reduce the damage.
* Image Editor: Mouse Over change mouse pointer between Link and Normal is
* After some time in the full-screen slideshow mode and in and out of different
drawers the bottom row of preview images can get managled.
8. Future releases
* Thumbnail viewer in a traditional AmigaOS window.
* Locale/language support
STATUS: Long way off
* Info button, get this working with multiple file selections to show disk
usage, number of drawers/files.
STATUS: Not Started
* Rename button, add support for batch renaming files or directories.
STATUS: Not Started
9. Changes / History
;; CHANGES SINCE 3.2.4
* AmigaOS 4.1 Update 5's introduction of asynchronously loading the TCP/IP at
Workbench startup exposed a new bug in Jack. The DELAY tooltype was previously
being ignored, this has now been fixed. If you still see an error message if
starting Jack this way simply increase the value of the DELAY tooltype. Value
is no. of seconds.
* Python ITC Extractor has been updated to version 0.3.2 which adds support for
Apple's use of ARGB images in album cover artwork.
Thanks to Simon Kennedy. www.sffjunkie.co.uk/python-itc.html
* Moved php scripts to another server, older versions of Jack will continue to
run for a limited time only.
;; CHANGES SINCE 3.2.3
* Local playback functionality (of an iTunes Library) in JackTunes is now
working, however, there are a still a number of known bugs and features yet to
implement. Please feel free to have a play around.
* Improved AmigaOS Version detection (Community Stats/Get Info)
* AmigaOne 500 is now identified under CPU detection (Community Stats/Get Info)
* Improved identication of SAM 440 EP and Pegasos
* Colour Commodity changes caused Jack problems with running from the command
line, now fixed.
* JackTunes: Notification messages are now sent to Ringhio as a new song starts
- but only when music interface is closed.
* JackTunes: Returning into the interface will always show the correct Artist
and Title for the currently selected track.
* JackTunes: Configuration window will now dismiss on selecting Later/Cancel.
* JackTunes: Mini Window now includes Title and Artist text.
* AppStore: Small advert area with links to my company Lake Marketing and Events
( www.lakemarketingandevents.co.uk )
;; CHANGES SINCE 3.2.2
* Music player: A lot of work has been done on the music player, but there are
still a number of jobs outstanding that I am fully aware of. However feel free
to have a play. Ps. Local playback hasn't been started yet.
* Alarms: The Alarms were not being freed from memory on sample end this
blocked other Hollywood applications running from reaching AHI, fixed in
configuration window as well.
* Colour Commodity Window: It is now possible to customise the Text Colours
of most information shown in the main Commodity window. Simply right-click on
any text to change the colour - a Color Wheel will open - pick a colour and the
text is instantly changed. Changes are automatically saved.
* M is a Global Key to Mute any Music that may be playing.
* Changed keyboard shortcut from 'm' to 't' in Image Save window.
* Changed keyboard shortcut from 'm' to 't' in File Search window.
* Caps Lock position is no longer relevant for shortcut keys, some keys where
case sensitive in various windows of the application.
* Commodity Window: It is no longer possible to use LEFT/RIGHT arrows to switch
through months when the weather is being viewed, the forecast stays in view.
;; CHANGES SINCE 3.2.1
* Fixed mouse pointer not changing state.
;; CHANGES SINCE 3.2
* Video End: After a video ends the mouse pointer was remaining hidden.
* Gtmooya: Removed rogue debug output.
* App-Store: Fixed download path for non-Push4Dock users - fixes double-RAM:
;; CHANGES SINCE 3.1.3
* WarpOS compile now available on Aminet.
* (MorphOS Only) Debug output removed.
* Check for New Updates (of Jack) has been removed for all non-AmigaOS4
* JackTunes restricted to AmigaOS 4 for the time being due to its reliance on
Python and SMBFS.
* AppStore: All downloads (apart from Featured Downloads) are now asynchronous.
In plain english this means multple downloads are now possible, even if you
close the Appstore window and move into any other part of Jack the download(s)
will continue in the backgrond. (AmigaOS 4 Only) Outside of the Appstore you
will be notified by the Ringhio notification system that a download has been
completed and is available to install as normal through the Download Manager.
* The state of the download list is updated as each download finishes, if you
end up with a partial download (computer crash/lost connection) during
downloading - on restarting Jack- you will be given the opportunity to either
re-download the partial download(s) or remove them from the list.
Notice I said 'the list is updated as each download finishes' - if you only
downloaded 1 item you will not necessarily be given this same opportunity.
* It is currently not possible to quit Jack if downloads are in progress or
partial downloads exist in the Download Manager. Please visit the download
manager and rectify. Might newbie-fy this behaviour in the future.
* (AmigaOS 4 Only) Every 4 hours news from Amigaworld is shown as a ringhio
notification assuming your rexx server is running; I know some weird Amiga users
love to turn stuff off unnecessarily!
* Apologies for delay, fixed the malformed url string for adding events to
Google Calendar. Days and months are now zero-padded correctly.
* (MorphOS Only) All PDF calls are pre-configured to Apdf on the system
partition inside the Applications drawer.
* The filesize is more correctly positioned underneath each download that is in
* Fixed possible inaccessiblity of the 'Install Now' option in the Download
* Added Jack Icon to the Ringhio notification messages
* Jack now has an Arexx port. A small number of initial arexx messages have
been added. See Jack_Arexx_Commands.rexx included for the current list. This
will be much improved in a future release foreinstance being able to process
images and applying Image Effects and Watermarks.
* Removed redundant locale strings
* (Other OS) Corrections in AmigaOS Knowledge base with regard to local files
and helper applications.
* (AmigaOS 4 Only) During installation the user will now be asked whether they
wish to add Jack to the Dock (rather than auto-detection/auto-placement) and
they will be asked whether they want Jack to be added to WBStartup
Sidenote to developers/how to do: WBStartupCTRL ADD <path>/<filename> >nil:
;; CHANGES SINCE 3.1.2
* Jack no longer requires an Internet connection to startup. Instead dialog
boxes will appear over relevant icons and buttons to inform user of functions
that are inaccessible.
* Whenever Jack needs to access a remote resource it will now always check an
internet connection is available first before attempting anything else.
* Connections: All data connections have been tidied up and consolidated where
possible. HTTP error handling has now been implemented for handling 404 errors
and lost in connection will be picked up. HTTP Resume has not been looked at
* Renamed and expanded the Audio and Music bundle to include the Video player-
* Entering a http:// address in the File Manager path will now check for OpenURL
and use that instead of defaulting to Jack's backup URL handler.
* Slideshow: Fixed position of Reflections.
* Slideshow: Fixed traversing Volumes/Drawers.
* Slideshow: Fixed errors in loading images without an Alpha-channel.
;; CHANGES SINCE 3.1.1
* During a resync of the App-Store the 'cache' drawer was inadvertedly being
deleted rather than just it's contents. Resolves crash when selecting 'Recent
Uploads' after a resync during the same session.
* Added new window, the Commodity Help window. Click the Yellow bulb icon to
open it. Shows what each of the buttons does in the commodity window.
;; CHANGES SINCE 3.1
* Began adding connection detection around downloading of data across the
internet; due to this being a quick fix release this has yet to be implemented
into the App-Store. More to do here.
* Donation database broken due to error in decryption algorithm.
* Fixed error in opening file manager from the shell using arguments.
* File Manager: Fixed downloading of URLs that contained uppercase.
* App-Store: Fixed error with Recent Uploads and Bundles both appearing in Red
under AmigaOS4; seems to have cleared up double buffering error present in 3.1.
* Commodity Window: Added temporary warning requester to JackTunes in case the
user presses this icon by mistake.
;; CHANGES SINCE 3.0.1
* Image Editor in Single-image mode: Saving of Watermark was broken under 3.0.1
- now fixed.
* Expanded Community Statistics and GetSystemInfo() to include AROS and MorphOS
* AppStore: Increased archive name recognition database, e.g. Liboauth becomes
LibOAuth, Libflac becomes LibFLAC, Muiowb becomes MUI-OWB, Netsurf becomes
NetSurf, Wookiechat becomes WookieChat, Simplemail becomes SimpleMail, Mysql
becomes MySQL, 'up ep' becomes UP-Rough EP, Sketchblock becomes SketchBlock,
Lodepaint becomes LodePaint, os4 becomes OS4 etc... to improve readability-
downside = a little slow on first daily retrieval.
* Appstore: Archive name recognition database is now cached to improve speed of
access for multple-reads within a 24-hour period. When a re-build takes place
the data is re-cached immediately.
* Appstore: Increased recent list pool data beyond 30 entries. User is still
restrictured to seeing the first 15 entries.
* Began making the code platform-independent, please note however that when Jack
is released for your OS some features will become inaccessible or may act
* All Wget, Curl, GetVideo, FileNote, Yae, AOrganiser dependancies removed
* Confirmation that the OpenURL() command uses the OpenURL Team's implementation
as opposed to the default AmigaOS configuration and so all internal calls to
SYS:C/OpenURL have been replaced with the direct OpenURL() command. Users might
note a very slight speed-up. OpenURL dependancy included in the archive as
before with optimised preferences for OWB and SimpleMail.
* App-Store: Added Download Manager with a number of options including:
Install Now/Extract, Send a Donation, Show in Draer, Tell a Friend, Share on
Facebook and more.
* Add Events: Events can now only be added to Google Calendar, AOrganiser
support removed to increase consistency between platforms and to reduce
housekeeping. Might not work with Google+/ or Google has changed the API.
Further investigation required.
* Warning if WordNet is not installed. (AmigaOS4)
* System Information: Added 'Send a Bug Report' button.
* Currency Converter: Labels now updated when switching currencies.
* Knowledge-base: YouTube window removed, clicking icon will now simply open up
the Gtmooya YouTube Channel in a browser instead.
* Knowledge-base: Video links which did nothing before will now open up the link
in your browser for viewing.
* Knowledge-base: All mouse rollovers are working again, seems HW5 introduced
a behaviourial problem in TextOut(), using Create/DisplayTextObject() instead.
TextOut() wouldn't understand the X-coord for some reason, strange because if I
replaced the X-coord with #CENTER it worked just fine. Very strange because
TextOut() works just fine everywhere else.
* Knowledge-base: Using the Close Gadget in the Article Submission window no
longer quits Jack.
* Knowledge-Base: Software download links are now restricted to OS4Depot only.
* Knowledge-base: Submissions are restricted to AmigaOS4 users only.
* App-Store: Added link to AmigaOS Wiki
* Added comments to Installation File
* All fonts are now anti-aliased
* Replaced old references to C:FileNote from the early days of Jack with
* System Info: Operating System was missing from the dialog box.
* Early factoring-in that adding Comments to files is restricted to Amiga-like
* Other OSes: Images cannot be saved in the WebP format. Image loading is
supported if the WebP datatype is installed.
* Calculator: Now uses internal Eval() command instead of relying on Yae.
* Lha: Extract/Send to Archive restricted to AmigaOS4 in the file manager
at present until further investigation of other OSes.
* All OSes: General info, if Mplayer is resident in SYS:C/ file manager will
return video information when clicking the File Info button. Jack will look in
SYS:C/ across all systems attempting to find it. If this location is incorrect
for AROS/MorphOS please tell me. If Mplayer is not found, File Info will just
return bog-standard info.
* On clean-exit of Jack some temporary files stored in T: are removed.
* Removed Aminet reference from the Knowledge-base as HW5 DownloadFile() having
trouble downloading from this server.
;; CHANGES SINCE 3.0
* Commodity Window: ESCape will now Iconify this window.
* Submit Article Window: (Required) message removed.
* Submit Article Window: Description, altered right-margin so it doesn't spill
outside message box.
* Commodity Window: Tweaked drop area so a harder to get stuck with the mouse
pointer on the wrong state when moving the pointer out of the window.
* App-Store Recent List: Parsing bug fixed.
;; CHANGES SINCE 2.9.3
* Start up: Jack will now close gracefully and with a message via Ringhio if no
internet connection can be found. Don't forget if you have Jack installed in
WBStartup you can use the DELAY Tooltype to determine how long Jack should wait
before checking for a connection.
* Installation script: Prefs.info was being overwritten during the installation
of Jack. OpenURL with icon now copied into Prefs correctly.
* Image Editor: Extensive selection of new image effects added.
However, contrast, hue, colour balance modulation and more still to come.
* Image Editor: All image manipulations are now stackable.
* Image Editor: All image crops are now stackable in other words you can do
* Image Editor: Quality of rotated images is much improved.
* Image Editor: Crop has been adapted to a few changes in the interface the
following limitations and behaviour apply.
1) You will NOT be able to crop images smaller than the interface window.
2) You will NOT be able to crop images larger than your screen (as before).
3) If you resize the window larger than the actual dimensions of the source
image and then try to crop- when you release the mouse button the window will
first resize allowing you to re-crop correctly; as long as the image meets rule
* Image Editor: When opening the image editor the tint slider knob was drawing
in the wrong position. Fixed.
* Image Editor: When resizing the image window the image filename would
disappear from the window title.
* Image Editor: Reverting an image now takes into account whether you are
viewing the image in Resize to Fit mode.
* Image Editor: First/Last buttons on post processed window (available during
a batch image processing) were working - but Next/Previous did not work at all.
All four buttons now work correctly.
* Image Editor: Repaired missing shortcut keys.
* Image Editor: A color wheel is provided for selecting a tint color.
* Image Editor: Fixed errors inside the Image Resize window which didn't allow
the toggle 'Resize?' inside the Image Save window to function and inadvertedly
resized the actual working image instead of a temporary image.
* Image Editor: It is now possible to up open vector graphics inside the Image
Editor for converting into a bitmap format.
This includes the W3 Scalable Vector Format (SVG), other formats are unknown at
* Drag n Drop: It is now possible to drop Videos on the drop area for playback.
The following video formats are supported OGG/AVI/MPEG/MPG/MOV/FLV/MP4/WMV, XL
and CDXL. Unfortunately stability and compatibility with the aforementioned
formats isn't that great through the codec plug-in provided with Hollywood.
Rewind and Fast forward are currently disabled as well again due to stability
issues. Hopefully the situation may improve in the not too distant future.
* Drag n Drop: Dropping documents written in the Rich Text Format will now open
in NotePad. As will XML files and LOG files and files with the name 'Project
Notes' in them.
* Drag n Drop:It is now possible to drop scalable graphics on to the drop area.
This includes the W3 Scalable Vector Format (SVG), other formats are unknown at
* App-Store Caching: Recursive file deletion, updated against HW 5.0 API.
* App-Store: Brief black flicker associated the the download progress bar
window has been removed.
* File manager: Filters/File extension matching updated against HW 5.0 API.
* Calculator: Removed black flicker on opening window.
* Knowledge-Base: Updated Samba for Idiots Guide website link.
;; CHANGES SINCE 2.9.2
* 2.9.1 introduced a bug where the days of the month were clickable when viewing
the Weather forecast. Fixed.
* Community Statistics: Added support for the AmigaOS 4.1 Update 5 version
* App-Store: Every time the user successfully logs into their account, technical
data* is now updated in Community Statistics. Previously the technical data was
only being stored on sign-up. *Screen Resolution, AmigaOS version, Memory and
;; CHANGES SINCE 2.9.1
* Send to archive: This will now pick up all associated .info files of the
selected files that reside in the root directory.
* Drag n Drop: Supports archive extraction once again. Drag an archive over
drop area on calendar window and select the destination.
* Screen cropping: You can now accurately crop an area of the screen before
entering the image editor. Slight limitation when you need to crop stuff near
the edges of the screen.
* Drag n Drop: Fixed bug when drag and dropping a drawer/volume onto the drop
area of the Calendar window.
* Calendar: Window can now be iconified. Keyboard shortcut is H.
* Calendar: Time display can now be changed between 12 and 24-hour.
* Weather: The AppIcon will now be updated when it becomes night-time.
* Calendar: New 'Hidden Key' added - press G. After a two second delay (time
to prepare/activate a window) Jack takes a snapshot of the screen and overlays
a zoom window in the bottom right of your screen. In the top-left it shows the
Hexadecimal value of the pixel underneath the mouse-pointer.
This can be helpful for web designers and graphics artists. Instead of saving a
snapshot of the screen and importing it into an art package, perhaps one that
exists on a different platform you simply press G and can quickly do the same
* OpenURL: This is now included inside the distribution as standard; the Prefs
icon was set incorrectly to Project instead of Tool in the original archive on
OS4Depot this has now been updated in this distribution accordingly as has the
naff custom icon.
I prefer OpenURL over the standard UrlOpen as OpenURL Prefs allows you to
specify arexx commands as well. If you do not have OpenURL it will be installed
along with preferences for both OWB and NetSurf. OWB is set as default, you
can change priority by opening SYS:Prefs/OpenURL. Please note that the
parameter NEWTAB isn't understood in NetSurf v2.8, however it has been specified
anyway in case one day its fixed.
* Clock: It is now possible to play a sound on the stroke of each hour. There
are four samples with which to choose from. Volume level is set to 100%, users
might notice the volume is a little low; however this is dictated by the
Hollywood language itself and not Jack.
* Gtmooya: Updated against Daniel Hutchinson's latest GTMOOYA pdf document.
* Gtmooya: Expanded the knowledge-base beyond Daniel's and my original work,
there are now more than 200 articles available.
* Gtmooya: Added additional code to handle the ability to link to a locally
stored PDF document; in other words AmiPDF is called. One occurence at present
under article 'Keyboard Shortcuts'. Also added support for opening files with
README, .TXT and .DOC in the filename - as used in Developer articles, e.g. SSL.
* Auto-updates: Fixed breakage caused from moving from lha to zip.
;; CHANGES SINCE 2.9
* Startup/Locale corrections
* Added Dansk to the list of supported langauges
;; CHANGES SINCE 2.8
* New funky interface consolidating the features of the previous Commodity and
Calendar windows into one interface. Also the interface is now opened up in a
truly transparent window.
* Locale: The program will no longer hang on start-up to users whose primarily
locale is not set as English. However it comes at a small price, the user
cannot enter Calendar mode in this version instead the Weather for your location
is always shown.
* Fonts: All fonts are now Anti-aliased.
* Calendar: Funky 'Hidden' keys added.
Lets start with the most useful, time-saving shortcut!
Pressing F, if Filer is installed, will open TWO instances of Filer
Pressing D, if DOpus is installed, will open up Directory Opus for those
who resist change.
Pressing N, if Notepad is installed, will open up Notepad.
Press TAB and type in a URL to open site/address in your browser.
Press S to open up a Shell window
Press W to toggle between Weather and Calendar
Press C to open configuration
Press I for program and system information
Press J for help / website
* Corrections in Configuration Editor on Save, sometimes your location wasn't
saved, now fixed.
* Calendar: Traversing through months is quicker.
* Calendar: OUTSTANDING BUG: The Reset to current month button does not work
as planned. If you notice the days are incorrect either restart Jack or move
forward one month and back again using the arrows and then press Reset.
* GetVideo, Rexx script now included in distribution, thanks to Thematic for
spotting that it was missing.
* WordNet: Fixed excessive HDD access.
* Google Currency: Extended GUI Toolkit into this module.
* Calculator: Extended GUI Toolkit into this module.
* Calculator: Now handles decimal numbers by using a third-party Eval tool,
installed along with Jack.
* Calendar: You can now drag either a drawer containing images OR a file to
be actioned to just one single drag and drop area. Top left icon.
* Calendar: Drag n Drop area. Please note ALTHOUGH you can drag and drop
webpages, if you have Odyssey set up as your default web browser through
OpenURL or you select Odyssey from the URL-Window - the current 1.9 version
does not correctly identify the path to the file.
* Calendar: Drag n Drop area. Squashed a bug, you can now drop a volume (or
any drawer) and it will enter slideshow mode even if there are no images in
the target directory. You can then traverse the up and down the drawer
structure as before.
* Calendar: Drag n Drop area. Dropping .lha, .tar, .zip and other compressed
archive formats will bring up the standard Info window instead of attempting
to extract the archive somewhere. Extraction has been disabled for now as it
needs more work and will be re-implemented at a later date.
* Add Event: Removed the text '(required)' which could partially be seen in
the interface connected to the first textfield.
* Add Event: Closing via the Cancel button and quickly moving the mouse could
on occasion cause the program to hang. Fixed.
* Slideshow mode: It is now no longer possible to drag the display away from
the top of the screen.
* Search Window: Those annoying ._ files created by Mac OS X that typically end
up on USB devices are automatically filtered from the results. Also entries
with .Trashes somewhere in their file path are also filtered.
* Search Window: Clicking an Image from the search results will no longer result
in windows being open that shouldn't be.
* Search Window: Clicking a single Image from the search results sends the user
into the Image Editor as before, but no longer in 'batch-mode' which resulted
in unexpected bugs. A crash which sometimes occurred after saving the image
after this process has also been fixed.
* Search Window: Selecting multiple images from the search results sends the
user to the Image Editor as before, but no longer in 'batch-mode' despite the
message to the contrary. The program will select the last image that has been
double clicked. This behaviour maybe reviewed in the future.
* Thanks to Tuxedo, Samo79, Toaks, Thematic, Tekmage and anyone I've missed for
support with reporting bugs, errors and mistakes.
* Updated program credits to include Nikola Tomic who kindly provided the Skins
for the new interface.
* Special thanks to Kas1e for providing inspiration and setting the bar high for
; CHANGES SINCE 2.7
* AppStore: After downloading a file the DetectInstaller routine could fail if
if could not find the Workbench Rexx port.
This only affects those of you that strangely choose to turn off RexxMast.
* The whole program would not previously launch correctly to any user that's
locale was not set to English. Jack now supports launching in the following
languages: Deutch, English, Espanoal, Suomi, Francais, Italiano, Norsk,
Portgués and Swedish.
* AppStore: If Jack could not find the Kicklayout file for any reason Jack will
now record the AmigaOS version as Unknown.
; CHANGES SINCE 2.6
* GUI: Numeric fields are no longer padded with leading zeroes when requested
* GUI: Buttons now have a gradient applied to them in the AmigaOS style.
* GUI: Square brackets can longer be entered into any text field gadgets.
* About Box: Now shows System and Network Information
* Image Editor: New Button - Open in LoView (if available) - only available
when single image selected
* Codebase: Partially updated codebase functions to object functions.
* Slideshow Mode: You can now use the mouse scroll wheel to Zoom In and Out of
* Shell: New Argument -sysinfo
If you are experiencing problems please run Jack from the Shell with this
; CHANGES SINCE 2.5
* Serious fix to broken HTML and URL encoding and decoding.
* Slideshow Mode: It is now possible to Zoom In and Out of any image using
plus (=) and minus (-) on the keyboard.
* App-Store: No crash when closing Sign-up window via the Cancel button or
* WBStartup: New tooltype 'DELAY'. On first-run Jack will pause for specified
number of seconds before trying to make a connection to the internet. Users
who don't plan to add Jack to their WBStartup can safely set this to zero.
* App-Store: Rate It buttons working again.
* General: Handling tooltypes and command line arguments has been improved.
; CHANGES SINCE 2.4
* Commodity Window: Fixed display of the tooltip text when the Icon Toolbar
isn't in display.
* Commodity Window: Can now be closed to leave the Calendar Window open.
* Calendar Window: It is now possible to move through the months of the year.
* Calendar Window: New icon to toggle the display of the Commodity Window.
* Calendar Background Window: Selecting the top right icon will make the
Calendar window transparent and borderless. Its not true transparency, but if
Jack is installed in your WBStartup you'd never know the difference.
; CHANGES SINCE 2.3
* Server: The log-in problem associated with the App-Store has been corrected.
Existing users will have to sign-up again as old accounts have been removed as
it is understood that the bug has been present for some time.
* Native textfields added through Jack's many interfaces.
* App-Store: Remove Storage overview feature, it proved much too slow.
* Global: Third-party application detection routine has been updated again,
APPDIR: is checked first and if still not found - for a select number of
applications another common/usual location is checked. Configuration window
has been updated to reflect these changes.
* Global: Excluding the http:// handler in the File Manager, all other Url
requests now have OpenURL Support if available.
* Calculator: Updated to open below the Commodity Window at the correct
position. However, does not auto-snap when Calendar Window is opened/closed.
* Currency Converter: The Currencies button will now open the associated text
* Commodity Window: SideBar and BottomPanel can now be hidden. Changes are
* AppStore: Now supports users running on a 1024x768 resolution as originally
* AppStore: No crash when exiting Sign-up window via the Cancel button.
* Capture Screen: Now passes through the File Manager to reach the Image
Editor. Removes all associated 'CloseWindow' crashes.
* Consolidated Window, Drag and Drop, DropFile and Keyboard event-handling into
a new p_InstallEventHandler() function.
* Further modulisation of core components within the source code.
; CHANGES SINCE 2.2
* Image Save: The Resize? option wasn't clickable with the mouse. Fixed.
* Weather: If the Weather Provider supplies invalid Gifs, Jack will still open.
* Commodity Window: Amiga+Q is now the keyboard shortcut to close the
* Image Resize Window: Width/Height fields use the new Text Entry gadget.
; CHANGES SINCE 2.1
* Commodity WIndow: Drag and Drop areas working again.
* Quick Fix release: Fixed auto-update
;; CHANGES SINCE 2.0
* Image Editor: Saving and then exiting the Image Editor could cause Hollywood
* AppStore: Wrong error message being displayed if screen resolution is too low.
Nothing to do with Curl.
* General: Check for updates button added into About box. Also when Jack starts
and there is a network connection available, Jack will check to see if the
current version is the latest available. If not, will offer the user the
opportunity to download and install the latest version.
* Helpers: Helpers are now surrounded by double quotes which will solve problem
if a user selects a different helper and the path has spaces in it.
* Command Line: Calling Jack with no arguments in the command line bug fixed.
;; CHANGES SINCE 1.9
* Commodity Window: New keyboard shortcuts F1-F12 mapped against the first 12
icons within the sidebar.
* Installation changes: Jack now uses APPDIR: for some of its more critical
During theinstallation process if these particular applications do not exist on
the APPDIR: 'device' they are ran silently so that they are available to Jack
* Installation changes: The file 'Calculate Media' was missing from the
installation script. This is now correctly copied its required drawer.
* AppStore: Readme Downloads with two extensions names are now correctly
* AppStore: OnMouseOvers hand<->normal pointers working in all windows.
* Appstore: More keyboard shortcuts added into buttons and the like.
* General: Restructed toolbar and keyboard handling to provide visual feedback
of icons and buttons on a keystroke.
* File Manager: New keyboard shortcut added, F5 to Refresh directory.
* Image Editor: New keyboard shortcut added to the 'Resize?' checkmark inside
the Save Window.
* Image Editor: New keyboard shortcut added to select the 'Custom Watermark'
option inside the Watermark Window.
* Image Editor: New keyboard shortcut added to toggle the 'Keep Aspect Ratio'
option inside the Resize Window.
* Batch-image Processing: Use of keyboard arrows now keep within processing
boundaries and will no longer crash Jack on the Post Processing Window.
* Community Stats: Spelling correction on 'Email Client'.
* Commodity Window: A Currency Converter which uses the Google API has been
added into the toolbar.
* GTMOOYA/Assist: New Contributions Form added so you, the community can submit
articles to the database.
* Source Code: Created new function p_DeleteFile() to replace HW DeleteFile
command that will also check file exists before attempting to delete and return
error value where applicable.
;; CHANGES SINCE 1.8
* Welcome Window: Removed and replaced with the Jack Commodity Window. In
fact this is a big change than it seems as the Commodity Window has a
huge amount of features consolidated from the File Manager.
* Commodity Window: Drag and Drop files to open them in helper applications
or give information.
* Commodity Window: Drag and Drops volumes or drawers and browse through
them full screen. Particularly useful for drawers containing images and
* File Manager: Removal of the Quick Access Bar, access is instead by the
Jack Commodity Window.
* Weather Forecast: The new Commodity Window features a 5-day weather
forecast for locations across the world.
;; CHANGES SINCE 1.7
* App-Store : Correct parsing of .avi, .tar and .tar.bz2 which were causing
big headaches in the display and successful downloading of software
in the category selections. - BUGFIX
* App-Store: You can sign-up to an account on the Jack's App-Store and rate
software. - MAJOR ENHANCEMENT
* App-Store: Signed-up users can take a look at survey results and community
* App-Store - Now correctly handles downloading of non-Lha archives. BUGFIX
* App-Store - There are small handful of 'Rogue Files' that have been
uploaded to OS4Depot over the years. These are ones which have no
file extension (!). These are now correctly greyed out and
* Configuration Editor: Non-configurable helpers are now saved in the
configuration editor. BUGFIX
* Source code
- Function naming conventions
- Optimisation between MakeButtons and Callbacks
* Toolbar and Icon Image loading
- Replaced load routine, any resources that fail to load (cannot be
found) will now result in an error message allowing safe
closure of Jack. - ENHANCEMENT
;; CHANGES SINCE 1.6
* App-Store: Storage Overview - This option will show you storage totals of
media contained on your computer.
* App-Store: Support for Installation Utility (Python) and the old 53.1
Installer. Jack will attempt to locate an installer in the archive and
launch it for you.
:Developer Notes - In order for the installer to automatically launch you
need to adapt your archive against these notes.
Whether use still use the old 53.1 Installer or the current Python
Installation Utility the archive MUST contain an outer drawer.
If you don't create an outer drawer then frankily you suck, enough said.
--- Python Installation Utility ---
- Each python installation setup should have a Project Icon set-up with the
efault tool set to: SYS:Utilities/Installation Utility.
- Configure this icon as you normally would do.
- Jack will traverse through the archive looking for the install.py file.
Once found Jack will look for a line containing 'AddPackage', on finding
this line it will expect the 'name' argument to fall on THE NEXT LINE BELOW
See the Timberwolf install.py script for a perfect example of how the
'AddPackage' command should be laid out.
- In order to obtain the name of your project icon Jack will grab the
contents of the 'name' argument to build the filename.
Eg. Install YouApp.info
Please do not use an underscore instead of a space. As AmigaOS doesn't
care about Case it doesn't matter as long as they match.
If your mirror the directory structure that the Frieden's have used for
Timberwolf you cannot go wrong, here it is: (with comments in brackets)
Install Timberwolf/ (outer drawer)
Install Timberwolf/Install Timberwolf.info (project icon that calls
Install Timberwolf/install.py (your working python script)
Install Timberwolf/Installation Utility (this was included in the
distribution for some reason, you probably won't need to)
Install Timberwolf/installer-logo.png (your logo as referenced in the
project icon's tooltypes, 640x86 pixels)
Install Timberwolf/Other stuff (everything else in the distribution)
Old 53.1 Installer
: Jack will search inside the root drawer of the archive for any Project
Icon that's default tool contains the word 'installer'.
: Additionally this Project Icon filename must contain the word 'install'.
: Archives containing multiple instances will be ignored.
ANY OTHER INSTALLATION METHODS WILL NOT BE SUPPORTED AT THIS STAGE
* App-Store: Search results are correctly cleared between searches.
* App-Store: Featured Products - A fully working new page has been added
into the App-Store with download and web links.
* Image Editor: Images that contain an Alpha Channel/Transparency are now
* External Helpers: All external helpers now run asychronously.
* Gtmooya: Back/Forward will now load images on entry to an article. BUGFIX
* Gtmooya: Error when launching multiple-download requests has been solved.
* Gtmooya: Base dictionary file has been updated. ENHANCEMENT
* General: Jack now fully supports the loading, saving and viewing of
images in the WebP format. Required software components are put in place as
necessary when you install Jack.
* General: Most pointer changes state when over buttons or other gadgets
excluding the Image Editor where there is a bug present.
* JackTunes: Program will no longer hang if no music is found in library.
* Extract Archive: Crash removed, path transferred correctly between Jack
;; CHANGES SINCE 1.5
* Slideshow mode: Double-clicking an image works as expected, no error
message or refreshing of directory occurs. BUGFIX
* All remaining references to Downloads: have been removed, AppStore
should be much approved as a result. BUGFIX
* Startup: Jack will now start-up much faster in both file-requester mode
and regular mode.
* Non-Jack mode: All remaining errors relating to file/drawer selection
have been eliminated. BUGFIX
* AppStore: Will now open if files in the Recent index fall below 12.
* Welcome Window added to Jack giving options how to start. This is
bypassed in File-Requester mode. ENHANCEMENT
* Preferences: Applications are now launched asynchronously.
* Cancel Buttons: Some cancel buttons showed formatting tags, now shows
* Calculator Window will now auto-close at all times. BUGFIX
* Configuration Window: Keyboard shortcuts added. ENHANCEMENT
* Screen Capture: Capture filename will no longer contain multiple .png
filename extensions during a multi-capture session. BUGFIX
* Slideshow Mode: Parent and Close slideshow buttons are now animated.
* Image Editor: The default image type is now relative to the chosen image
* Image Editor: Closing the Image Editor window no longer re-loads the
* Image Editor: Warning before Closing the Image Editor if changes were
made to the Image. ENHANCEMENT
* Image Cropping: Although cropping is still from the top-left corner
outwards its usability is much improved.
* Configuration Editor: The Save configuration now works properly as
expected. You will no longer have to restart Jack in order realise ALL
changes that have been made. BUGFIX
* Helper - UnArc: Jack will now let you extract from archives.
* Helper - AmiPDF: If AmiPDF is chosen as the helper for PDFs they now
open full screen as opposed to windowed.
* Helper - AmiGS: Added helper for opening supported PS/EPS files through
AmiGS. Currently non-configurable.
* Send to Archive: Sometimes the destination path would end up ending with
;; CHANGES SINCE 1.4
* AppStore v2.0 is introduced in this version.
* Configuration Editor: There is now a complete configuration editor for
helper applications supported by Jack.
Non-Push4Dock users can set the default download path in here. Push4Dock
users cannot edit this field see below.
Configuration is saved in XML format and is compatible with the standard
AmigaOS PrefsObjectEditor which incidentally is also available through
Jack's Quick Access bar.
The configuration file is created on first-run, consequently if the file is
deleted for any reason it will be recreated with the default settings.
* Downloads Assignment: You may have noticed that Jack used to assign
Downloads to RAM: for non-Push4Dock users. This is no longer the case; you
can set the actual download path yourself in the new Configuration Editor.
Push4Dock users will notice that Jack still enforces the Downloads assign to
the appropriate drawer in the Push4Dock installation, this is currently
restricted to the DH1: volume as dedicated by Push4Dock.
This situation will be updated with the next release of Push4Dock or when it
is bundled with AmigaOS whichever comes earlier; this is a hopecast not a
* Image Resize Aspect Lock: When asking for custom width/height Jack no
longer crashes when you cancel input. BUGFIX
* Pointers: Jack now uses the Wait Pointer where it is appropriate to do so.
* Open on Workbench: It is now possible to open a drawer on the Workbench
from within Jack. Simply CTRL+Click a drawer.
* Open on Workbench - View By Name: Like above except hold CTRL+SHIFT
Click a drawer.
* Wheel scrolling: In a lot of AmigaOS applications I have noticed that
they don't seem to take into account by how much the wheel is moved the
quicker something is to scroll. If you wish to scroll faster in a directory
with a lot of files, simply hold down the mid button and scroll the wheel
once, when you let go of the wheel it will have jumped further down.
* Non-Push4Dock users will now see ghosted icons and text of the Push4Dock
drawers to encourage them to upgrade to Push4Dock which I highly recommend.
Also the shortcut to the Downloads drawer in the left panel is now available
for everyone thanks to the Configuration Editor. ENHANCEMENT
* Deleting files: It was possible that the lister wouldn't refresh the
* Helper File Operations: Correction to handling mixed case extensions.
* It is now possible again to open local html documents using OpenURL.
* Calculator: Removed quotes around calculation, caused unexpected results
with multiplication symbol.
* Visit AmigaOS: Correctly opens URL Window without refresh mess from
hidden App Store window. BUG FIX
* Lister: Drawers/files containing the characters [ or ] are replaced with
a hyphen when displayed in the lister, you will still be able to perform
operations as normal on the file(s) in question. This is hopefully a short
term workaround as I cannot seem to get the square brackets to appear
without Jack crashing.
* PageUp/Down: Now operate as expected.
* Datestamps: In rare cases it is not possible to get the date stamp of a
file, a hyphen will now be shown when this happens and also Jack will
no longer crash as a result of this. BUG FIX
* Basic file operations: Yet more error handling for when Jack is unable to
perform an action on a file.
* Jack will now also delete any associated .info file along with the
directory or file. BUG FIX / ENHANCEMENT
CHANGES SINCE 1.3
* QUICK FIX: Repaired broken links when Jack is required to call itself eg
Search Results, LHA other drawer, Custom Watermarks etc.
* Arexx: All messaging now passes through one routine, if Jack cannot open
a Rexx port for any reason it will continue as normal. BUGFIX
CHANGES SINCE 1.2
* Tooltypes: Tooltype support as requested has been added to Jack. NOTE:
Command line arguments have changed in this version so they are more
readable when used in Icon information. As a result, the For Your AmiDock
scripts have also been changed. This will be final and last change to the
current argument names. NEW FEATURE
* AppStore: New Pages added and layout changes. Requires screen resolution
of at least 1024x768 in order to open. ENHANCEMENT
* Some Watermarks were missing from the distribution.
* Opening URLs: Makes use of Ringhio to display messages. NEW FEATURE
* File Requester Mode: Corrected a argument documentation error in regard to
file output. BUGFIX
* Calculator: Error Output from C:Eval is now removed and a system
requester is shown instead. BUGFIX
* IconEdit: Helper application will now open. BUGFIX
CHANGES SINCE 1.11
* Send to Archive: Makes use of Ringhio to display messages. NEW FEATURE
* Sent to Archive: It is now possible again to send to a different
destination drawer (and not the current one!). BUGFIX
* Screen Capture: Now uses Ringhio to tell you that it is about to capture
the screen. NEW FEATURE
* AppStore: Now uses Ringhio to keep you informed about the download.
* AppStore: Once a download is complete, Jack will (thanks to Arexx will
attempt to open the outer drawer containing the application/download.
* Removed tooltips from Quick Access bar, they are just getting in the way.
* WordNet Support: If WordNet is installed correctly you can do a Thesaurus
check on a word or phrase from the Quick Access bar / F6. Not available in
File Requester mode. NEW FEATURE
* Date/Time: Added to Quick Access bar / F5. Show current date and time.
* Fkeys now act as a toggle, opening and closing the associated Quick Access
tool where appropriate. CHANGE
* Calculator: Inspired by Spotlight in Mac OS X I have added a Calculator
into the Quick Access bar. Not available in File Requester mode. NEW FEATURE
* Image Cropping: Now works as expected, with a minor restriction on large
You can only crop images that are being shown in 1x1 pixel mode. In other
words you can only crop images that you can a) fit on your screen and b)
without using the Resize to Actual button to Zoom in on smaller images than
If you are doing a screen capture and do need to crop, I suggest you first
resize the image to a more managable size; users with Widescreen monitors
should resize using the aspect ratio lock instead.
* Make New Drawer: The keyboard shortcut wasn't available in the root of a
* Selecting Drawers: You can now go into drawers which have been scrolled
down in the lister. Spotted by TiredOfLife. BUGFIX
* Custom Filter Groups: It is now possible to use Custom Filter groups
again from the command line. BUGFIX
* Search Window: Now complete. Works correctly in Jack Mode and in the
file requester mode with all filters being correctly handled. ESC key will
now stop the search engine in its tracks. NEW FEATURE
* Device Group: Hard Disks/other: if you have more than 17 devices in this
group you should be able to select as you scroll down. Not willing to
test! ;p POSSIBLE BUGFIX
CHANGES SINCE 1.1
* Presently Jack will only re-download the RECENT file from OS4Depot only
once every 24 hours. I just started Jack this morning and it failed with
APPDIR:c/wget does not exist and failed to open. Typo fixed.
* Search Window: You will notice the keyboard is now fully supported for
scrolling up and down the lister. It also now supports Filters in file
requester mode, if asking for Images, only images will be listed in the
Search Window. Custom filter group still to support.
CHANGES SINCE 1.0
* Search Window: Preliminary search engine window implemented. Probably
won't find it of any use as yet as you cannot click through any of the
found files. Also cannot get ESC to respond to cancelling the search.
Work in progress, stay chooned.
* Image Editor: You can now add Watermarks to any image. Comes pre-loaded
with 11 watermarks to choose from. Additionally you can select your own
custom watermark to apply to an image. Feel free to place your own
watermarks in the Resources drawer if you wish, although you can save them
anywhere you want. It is also possible to Watermark many images in one go.
Thanks to Daytona675x for creating the default watermarks.
* Image Editor: In single-image mode, images can be successfully cropped.
Limited to highlighting out from the top-left corner only. NEW FEATURE
* Image Editor: You can now resize the images using an Aspect Ratio Lock.
* Lister Window: Drag and Drop support added to change the directory being
shown. Either drag a file or a directory into Jack to update the lister.
* Image Processing Window: Sometimes the preview image was scaled
incorrectly and overlaid the Finish button and paging arrows across the
* Lister Window: If there was no scroll bar, the datestamp for any files
shown was missing. FIXED.
* Info Window: The height of a scaled image is now at a fixed value rather
than maintaining aspect ratio which was causing images to drop out of the
visible window. CHANGE
* Startup: Volume names are now obtained directly from the Unit ID using
GetVolumeInfo(). Thanks to Tompelli for his patience and his extensive
* APPDIR vs SYS: Third-party applications are looked for in APPDIR first
then SYS:C and/or SYS:Utilties before launching. Thanks to Tompelli for
his patience and his extensive testing.
* Spurcious empty lines or characters at the end of OS4Depot's readme list
are now correctly ignored and Jackcan open. Thanks to Tompelli for his
patience and his extensive testing.
* Lister Window: Keyboard shortcut for slideshow mode is now accessed by
pressing V to make way for another important feature.
CHANGES SINCE 0.99 Beta
* Send to Archive should now be available to everyone that has LHA
* Downloads via HTTPS: Thanks to Kas1e's recent submission of Wget onto
OS4Depot it now possible to download from a secure server. (NOT TESTED AS
* View as Slideshow: It is now possible to view the whole volume in
slideshow mode, meaning you can navigate in and out of drawers.
* App-Store and System Preferences are no longer accessible in file
* Info Window: If you select a single drawer, information is now shown
about its contents.
* Info Window: Filesize is now shown in Bytes, or rounded into KB, MB, GB
* Lots of fixes in the detection of third-party software tools and other
* Image Editor: The window can now be resized at will.
* Tooltips have been added to the Main Window and the Image Editor.
* When a Device Group is selected Jack will now refresh the device list.
In other words if you insert a USB or CD you can select the Device Group
again and it will appear.
* Device Group - Optical: Units that begin with CD and now ICD are put into
this Device Group.
* Device Group - Samba: Units that begin with SMBFS are placed in this
* Device Group - USB: Units that begin with USB are placed in this
* Device Group - Hard Disks: All other Units appear in this Device Group.
You can of course click the directory path and enter the device, volume
name or an assignment by hand for access.
The audio contained in this package are covered by a Creative Commons License
and may be copied, distributed and used for non-commercial purposes only.
All third-party software is included for smooth running of Jack, all rights to
these software titles remain with their original author(s), documentation is
included where required to do so.
Every attempt has been made to the installation script to ensure that nothing
you currently have installed is overwritten unnecessarily.