Preferences - 1.40
Preferences is a program that shows a window with grouped icons for launching
the prefs-programs found in "SYS:Prefs/" among others. You may see the
snapshot(s) for examples how it looks. Supports Tooltypes and a number
This program needs the info/icon (info_dt) datatype to be installed and the
system REBOOTED. If not please install it before, you can find it here:
Further, it is assumed that the RexxMast (ARexx) is up and running.
- Groups the AOS4.1 default Prefs-programs into six main categories.
- Uses the same images as the current icons set.
- Supports localisation.
- Supports Console prefs in AOS 4.1 FE.
- Possible to open the "Presets" WB drawer.
- Possible to open the "Prefs" WB drawer.
- Possible to open the "ENVARC:" WB drawer.
- Amiga HELP key (Scroll-Lock) brings up the About window.
- ESC key exits/quits the program.
- Amiga HELP key (Scroll-Lock) brings up the About window.
Languages / Translations
HELP: If you are interested in translating and want to help out with a locale
to your language, take a look in this thread (http://tinyurl.com/h4bbyh6 ) and
post #2. If the language you have in mind and want to translate and it hasn't
been translated yet, give me a shout in the thread :)
To install, just copy "Preferences" and "Preferences.info" to anywhere you
like, and start the program from there.
A tip, it becomes pretty nice if it's added to the AmiDock :)
CustomTitle = FirstTitleString
BGColor = Background color in the form $RRGGBB in hex
FGColor = Foreground color in the form $RRGGBB in hex
TitleColor = Title (of each group) color in the form $RRGGBB in hex
IconShadows = YES or NO
MUIinPersonal = YES or NO
GraniteInInternet = YES or NO
Future features / TODO
- An optional new group for 3rd-party-program preferences.
- No icons (only text) tooltype.
1.40: (2016 Jul)
- Fixed issue, mixed up language files.
- Greek charset implemented and Greek translation by Anthony Iliakis added.
- Russian charset implemented and Russian translation by Olga Wara (additional
Ben Cato Malkenes) added.
- Norwegian translation by Ben Cato Malkenes added.
1.30: (2016 May)
- NOTE: Sorry that 3rd-party-program feature and Greek translation are not
included in this update. They were meant to be but because they need some more
time as they are not 100% finished yet (roughly 50%-80 done already) and I
wanted to get this update out the door sometime as this update has dragged out
quite too many nights programming time already and I need to move on to other
programming tasks in the meanwhile. And I don't like leaving users to wait for
too long on finished features. However, the plan is to get them both included
in the next update :)
- Implemented (optional) addition of MUI prefs into the Personal-group, you can
turn this off by setting the Tooltype: MUIinPersonal = NO .
- Implemented (optional) addition of Granite prefs into the Internet-group, you
can turn this off by setting the Tooltype: GraniteInInternet = NO .
- Implemented (optional) shadow to icons. (You can turn it off by setting the
Tooltype: IconShadows = NO)
- Implemented (a customizable) first string in the window title. (To set this
use the Tooltype: CustomTitle = FirstTitleString)
- Added transations, Dutch by Johan Banis, German by Thomas Blatt, Spanish by
Enrique Mecklenburg and British-English checked by Severin.
NOTE: Greek translation will be included in the next release (hopefully).
- Implemented ToopTypes for background, foreground and group title colors.
- Corrected all "Env-Archive" paths to "ENVARC", thanks Severin.
- Swapped "Prefs/" and "ENVARC:" icons, so they become alphabetic.
- Declared application information. (title, authors, $VER: and $EXTVER:
string versions, identifier, copyright, and description).
- A couple of other optimizations.
1.20: (2015 Nov)
- Startup icon drawing optimized, approximatively 5%-15% faster now.
- Added a different button state when clicking buttons/icons, suggested
by Guillaume (zzd10h) Boesel.
- Added ENVARC: button/icon, suggested by Guillaume (zzd10h) Boesel.
- Added a new default program icon, (the old renamed as alt icon, in case
someone still prefers to use that icon).
- Added a menu with two items, About and Quit, for easier access. And also
for showing theirs hotkey.
- Now compiled to HW applet as well, suggested by Severin.
- Included French locale by Guillaume (zzd10h) Boesel.
- Retweaked the layout in the About window to fit more info.
- Removed Install and Uninstall scripts, as they are not actually needed. (User
may just copy "Preferences" and "Preferences.info" to where they like.
1.10: (2015 Oct)
- Added Console prefs, only shows up if running AOS 4.1 FE (Update 8).
- ScreenMode prefs moved to the System category.
- Added the proper name (Info_dt) for the error message in case icon/info
datatype is missing.
- Fixed some minor "typos".
- Compiled now with HW 6.
1.01: (2011 Jan)
- Included Finnish locale by Janne Peräaho.
- Fixed so locale tags can end with " (//)" as well.
- Made About window a little wider.
1.0: (2011 Jan)
- Pre-drawing with default icon turned off.
- Some minor other stuff.
Beta 1 (Alpha 3): (2010)
- Added language detection and support for basic localisation.
- Icon images are now centered with respect to their actual width and height.
- Icon images wider than 64 pixels are down-scaled to 64 pixels.
- Fixed a bug regarding loading icons without alpha channel.
- Looks for the default icon ("def_file.info") in several places starting with
"ENV:" followd by "ENVARC:" and then "SYS:Prefs/Env-Archive/".
- The program is not terminated anymore if no default icon image is found,
the image is simply skipped being rendered.
- Clarified the output text in the Install script.
- Added busy pointer during startup.
- Completed the (previously not working) About window (mapped to the Help key).
Alpha 2: (2010)
- Added install and uninstall scripts.
- Added a single group for the "Prefs" icon to open its WB drawer.
- Added WB icon, in case the app is iconified.
- The icons are rendered with the default icon prior to loading
the native ones.
- Added checks in (CLASSES: and DEVS:) if the "info.datatype" is installed.
- A comprehensive update of the readme file.
Alpha 1: (2010)
- Initial release.
- RexxMast (ARexx) started.
- The Info/Icon (Info_dt) datatype installed and the system rebooted:
It can be found here:
Marko K. Seppänen
Translations by Janne Peräaho, Guillaume (zzd10h) Boesel, Severin, Johan Banis,
Thomas Blatt, Enrique Mecklenburg.
Program icon derived from an icon from Martin "Mason" Merz.
More credits, see in the Changes-section.