AMIGAWORLD is the best world countries data base for our favourite
- AmigaWorld contains data about all independent states and all depend-
encies, a total of 258 countries.
- This information includes flag, capital, size, number of inhabitants,
annual growth of population, languages, religions, grand national
product (GNP), economic growth, unemployment, energy consumption,
membership in international organization, and many more.
- Data of different countries can be compared easily; you can for example
create a list of Asian countries and have it sorted by the share of
- There is a text description about every country, every continent and
more than 20 international organizations like UN, Arab League or EU.
- AmigaWorld offers a powerful search-tool.
You can find out all countries where a specific language is spoken;
or all countries bordering a specific sea; or a country thru the name
of its capital.
- Countries' location can be shown on a map; vice-versa you can get name
and data of a country by clicking a map.
- User-interface can be toggled between eight languages:
English, German, French, Dutch, Italian, Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish.
- You can also select screen mode, font and palette.
- Detailed documentation in English, German, French, and Swedish, avail-
albe as ASCII, DVI and AmigaGuide files.
- System requirements: Any Amiga with at least Kickstart 2.1, 2 MByte of
RAM, hard disk.
- ShareWare. Price: DM 40,-
- Non-registerd version has save and print options disabled, and you
cannot access data on dependencies.
Well, and right in time for the soccer world cup, here comes this new
version of AmigaWorld with a greatly improved look and feel:
Version 5.20 - 09-06-1998 -- after the first "AmigaWorld summit" with
Bo Arnholm, Ruud Hoekzema and Wolfgang Lug
o You can have 15 windows of any kind (country, text, map) open at the
o New lay-out for the country window: It's more user friendly and looks
o All flags have been re-painted. They don't look flat anymore.
o Contains improved location maps that have been generated with "MASSIVE".
o The colour-requester has been replaced by five colour presets.
o Registered users now can save the configuration also when using AW from
o Internal code-optimizations.
o Minor bugs fixed.
If you are interested in more geography software for your Amiga, then check
out my map generator "MASSIVE" in the same Aminet-directory!