S W I T C H
R E M A K E OF T H E C L A S S I C U T I L I T Y
============================== F E A T U R E S ==============================
1. It's freeware;
2. Source supports build for any modern Amiga;
3. Correct switch between screens and windows on any modern Amiga;
4. The installer allows you to select the OS, path and switch key;
5. Tooltypes are supported and you can launch the application from WBStartup.
============================ R E Q U I R E M E N T ==========================
SWitch tested and worked fine on the following configurations:
- AmigaOS 3.9 (Kickstart 40.68, Workbench 45.1)
- AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition (Kickstart 53.70, Workbench 53.14)
- IcarOS i386 (Kickstart 51.51, Workbench 40.0, AROS ABIv0)
- AROS One i386 (Kickstart 51.51, Workbench 40.0, AROS ABIv0)
================================= U S A G E =================================
If you don't write your tooltypes in the app icon, nothing terrible will
happen. In this case SWitch will use the default values. SWitch by default
thinks that you will use hotkey L.Alt + Esc for open "SWitch List" window.
Supported by Workbench. Without this tooltype, Workbench will
wait until you quit this program before its launches the next.
QUIET allows you to supress any warnings or error information
SWitch outputs if not successful in setting itself up.
Defaults to NOT being quiet. (QUIET=FALSE).
This is the key to press to make the jump window appear.
Default is "rawkey lalt esc". <- that's the LEFT ALT and ESC.
When present, jump window will appear relative to the position
of the mouse. To stop this from happening, change this tooltype
to (POINTERRELATIVE). Defaults to not being pointer-relative.
The left edge coordinate of the jump window.
Defaults to 0.
The top edge coordinate of the jump window.
Defaults to 20.
The width of the jump window.
Defaults to 300.
The height of the jump window.
Defaults to 150.
The number of clicks needed to jump to a window. This value can
be set to 1 or 2. If the value is one, clicking once on a screen
or window name will activate the window. If the value is two, you
must double-click the screen or window name.
Defaults to 1.
============================= C H A N G E L O G =============================
Release 1.3, Eugene Sobolev
- Splitting the source into two parts: AmigaOS 4 (interface support) and
AmigaOS 3 (adapted for AROS ABIv0 support)
- Added NewLook style for menu (old AmigaOS 2 menu is trash)
- Fixed bouncing screen in AROS and AmigaOS 4 (related to incompatibly)
- Removing windows without titles and with empty titles from SWitch List
for protect of AROS Wanderer and AmigaOS 4 Workbench
- Minimum requirements increased to AmigaOS 3
- Added Installer script with OS autodetect, path and hotkey setting
Release 1.2, John Haubrich
- I accidentally required V39 of intuition.library.
The minimum requirement is now V37.
Although V39 does offer some enhanced functionality.
- The "Revision History" link in the documentation has been fixed.
Release 1.1, John Haubrich
Eivind 'Leo' Nordseth recommended two enhancements:
- Scrolling down via keyboard no longer forces the active item to remain
at the top of the list.
- Pressing the hotkey more than once will not pop up the window list again
after it is closed. Also, the documentation has been improved a little.
Release 1.0, John Haubrich
Walter Watzl asked for a commodity which acts like the OS/2 window
switcher utility. Under OS/2, the Ctrl + ESC key sequence brings up a
list of all windows and allows you to flip directly to whichever one you
want. John written program duplicates and extends the OS/2 system.
================================ S O U R C E ================================
Based on aminet version source
This is based on the source code of the original version Switch 1.2 which was
written back in 1994 by the talented programmer John M. Haubrich, Jr. You can
find my source codes in Source directory. They are easily compiled with the
attached Makefile in gcc for AmigaOS 3, AmigaOS 4 and AROS ABIv0, like:
$ make -f Makefile OS=AOS3
$ make -f Makefile OS=AOS4
$ make -f Makefile OS=AROS32
______ ______ ______ ______
______|:: .__|:: .__|_____ ______|:: ___|:: ___|______ _____
|: , |: | |: | |: ,_|: ,__|:___ |:___ |: - |: ,_|
home cross-compilation factory